• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola APX 900

Status
Not open for further replies.

mancow

Database Admin
We just got in some at work. They are 7550s with P25 firmware. Literally...

dustinw251

What kind of pricing have u guys seen on them and have u seen them in the 700mhz range and support tone signaling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ak716

Premium Subscriber
Open up the spec sheet i posted. It says it does 700 MHz. The brochure is taking forever to download, I would assume it would have that information in there

CanesFan95

Will it do Phase II, legacy system key, and can you make it not auto-affiliate?

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
I received a side by side comparison from my account manager and the three major stand-outs of the APX900 vs. the rest of the APX line is that can be ordered with single key AES, this is 2 knob radio vs. the APX1000 that is a single knob, and the radio is provided with a lower quality glass material on the display as the standard APX line.

I have deployed about 500 APX1000's and have had a good success rate and I have a work-around to the single knob that makes it user friendly at a lower cost.

Also there was query above on 700 MHz and yes it is available and works just fine in P25 trunking and conventional.

celltech25

apx900 xpr7550

now if Motorola would just give us this radio in dual mode

I want LCP and P25 in the same damn radio

mancow

Database Admin
I received a side by side comparison from my account manager and the three major stand-outs of the APX900 vs. the rest of the APX line is that can be ordered with single key AES, this is 2 knob radio vs. the APX1000 that is a single knob, and the radio is provided with a lower quality glass material on the display as the standard APX line.

I have deployed about 500 APX1000's and have had a good success rate and I have a work-around to the single knob that makes it user friendly at a lower cost.

Also there was query above on 700 MHz and yes it is available and works just fine in P25 trunking and conventional.

What is the knob work around?

crazyboy

What is the knob work around?

Not sure what his is, but my workaround is disabling the second function on the single knob, and using side buttons for channel changing. I still hate it though.

12dbsinad

Could never understand why Motorola would deploy a public safety marketed radio with a single knob. Reminds me of the GE days with the MPD series portables with ramp controls, which many users couldn't stand. I certainly could find other things to cheapen up besides a basic control feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.