• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Non-affiliate scan

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

W4ZMJ

I have an XTS 3000 that I just had realigned when I set it up for the non-affiliate trunk on p25 9600 BAUD system the radio will unmute on one simulcast system but the other one it will not unmute and both sites have the same settings and it just seems to be that one particular site that I have trouble with I had read on some previous forms from several years ago that it was mentioned that a XTS 3000 would not unmute on a 9600 BAUD system unless the radio affiliated somebody made a statement replying back that that was not true from what I experienced the one particular simulcast site works fine the other one I'm trying to listen to dosent why is that i wandering

Septa3371CSX1

I'm assuming this is an XTS 3000 that does 9600 Baud P25 trunking. If it isn't then that could be the problem. Is this a Motorola installed system or another vendor (i.e. Harris)? You may want to get the band plan info for the system and see if it is non-standard as that can cause you to miss things as the radio is going to the wrong channel.

W

W4ZMJ

I have an XTS 1500 and the xts5000 set up the same way and I have no issues like I said the county that I'm in there's simulcast system comes in okay no problems the next County over that I'm talking about in reference to the link I posted I've been right up there close to the site and every once in awhile you can hear something but more often than not you couldn't I thought it might have been the signal at my location was the issue but it's not it's something with that site I'm assuming and yes the traffic being carried across that particular site it's the stuff I'm trying to listen to there is a forum some years back that somebody mentioned that on 9600 system that the 3000 wouldn't work that had to affiliate and the reply back was that wasn't true they really never went in the details the firmware is 6. 72 and does 9600 I just received the radio back I mailed it off to a place on eBay out of Colorado Sunny Communications and the radio it's been a aligned with an arrow Flex service monitor because it wouldn't pick nothing up on 9600 so being out of alignments not an issue I think my next step is I know somebody that works in that county and has a 800 radio and going to put their radio ID in mine and we see if it'll work on that system

Sent from my LG-H343 using Tapatalk

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
W4ZMJ, I'm having some trouble deciphering what your issue is. What you are saying is the system you are wanting to monitor is the Palmetto State system and the site is 28 (Richland County).

You say it is decoding on one site, but not the other, correct? That doesn't make a lot of sense because everything is the same for simulcast. The site ID (IIRC this is a Motorola Astro 25 system) is given by the prime-site (which can physically be located anywhere). The sub-sites would be the physical towers but they will all have the same channels (frequency and nac), transmit the same Site ID (that of the prime site which is 28 in this case), and transmit the same data simultaneously so I'm a little lost on your comment/observation.

If you mean that it gets to a point between sites where there is either a lot of packet error or it won't decode at all, then that could be related to simulcast systems generally being set to CQPSK instead of C4FM in the digital settings of the subscriber.

W

W4ZMJ

The best way I can explain it is everything in South Carolina on the Palmetto p25 is 1d9 home wacan id bee00 and that's what I've been using I have used the same set up on a 5000 and a 1500 no issues there are a couple of non simulcast sites that they use On The Fringe In My County I have no issues with them either just the Richland I'm using in my County Lexington site 20 and it is set for CQ psk I do not know why that site doesn't like that radio but like I said I got close to that site and it was receiving but it was hit and miss 99% of the time they wouldn't receive it not sure if it's some characteristic of that radio or what it probably doesn't matter but it is a model one 3000 800 megahertz

https://forums.radioreference.com/i...ly-program-xts3000-model-1-not-affiliate.html
http://www.austech.info/showthread.php/68040-XTS-3000-Programming-Advice

thats the forum i seen said a 3000 you cant do it on 9600 with out affiliate

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.