Issues with using an SDR and Scannercast

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC1IMD

Feed Provider
Hi all, I attempted to search this forum and didn't find any info. I am trying to feed our radio to Scannercast with an SDR. The sound comes out of the speakers but will not come through on our online scanner. Could anyone suggest a remedy? Am I using the wrong sound device. I am using an RTL-SDR dongle with sdrsharp software, Win7 pc. Thanks for any suggestions.

KE5MC

Joe,

Not entirely sure I understand your setup with limited information.

I'm going to suggest the output audio of the SDR is connected to your computers sound system(speakers) and not to the input of scannercast.

In my setup for SDR to DSD+ I use a VAC (virtual audio cable) to get the audio output from the SDR to the input of DSD+.

While DSD+ and scannercast have different objectives I believe the overall concept is the same.

I have been know to be completely out in the 'weeds' before. If I'm wrong that always seems to bring the follow-up poster out to correct me getting you closer to a solution.

Lets see what happens... :D

Mike

KC1IMD

Feed Provider
Mike
yes, i believe that is what is happening. So if I downloaded a VAC I would be able to direct it to Scannercast?

KE5MC

Joe,

Yes, after a fashion. VAC is more of a background process that you configure or in cases of the simple free ones use the default configuration.

Once the VAC is in place your SDR will have a pick list that you should see the VAC name/number in which you will select as your output from the SDR. Go to the configure tab for scannercast and do the same for selecting its input.

Just on the off chance your SDR and scannercast have more functionality than I’m aware take a moment to check the pick list in both applications to see if you can connect the audio without the VAC.

good luck
Mike

You might want to look at a different program such as RadioFeed or b.u.t.t. Scannercast is a dead project that hasn't been updated in over 7 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.