Lake County OHP

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD8TZC

Premium Subscriber
Hi all, new member to scanning. I just picked up a Uniden BCD435HP, and was looking to figure out how to add the Ohio State Patrol frequencies to my scanner.

First, where do I find the frequencies? I looked in Lake County and also Geauga since that is where they come out of, but I must be missing something.

Thanks for your help,

John

OH-SIGINT

Premium Subscriber
They are on MARCS. You will need to find the post number and it's related talkgroups for Lake, as well as the local repeater site frequencies

KD8TZC

Premium Subscriber
Okay, so they are post 28 it appears. I see number of talk groups, but what repeaters am I looking for? Are those the TRS items I see in Lake County? I've never programmed a scanner before (no issues with a HAM radio, but the MARCS makes me feel stupid) so I'm not sure what I am doing.

jasonhouk

I attached a HPE file for Post 28 with Lake County simulcast frequencies.

J

Attachments

• OSP Post 28.zip
    813 bytes · Views: 23

KD8TZC

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Jason... I take it I import this with Uniden software? Sorry, I just received the unit today and am just learning how to use it.

jasonhouk

Correct, Import to Sentinel. It will ask you to name the favorites list when importing.

Sync the favorite list to the scanner. Once synced make sure list is enabled in scanner as well as Law Dispatch and Law Tac service types.

Their Tac channel may be encrypted and you wont hear any audio if its active.

If you need any help PM me and we'll get you set up.

Happy listening.
J

budevans

Thanks Jason... I take it I import this with Uniden software? Sorry, I just received the unit today and am just learning how to use it.

John, did you skip work today to play with your new toy????:lol:

By the way, I happen to own a BCD436HP. I have a few Favorites Lists (30 plus) I can email you some as examples. Once you've played with Sentinel for a while, you'll find it easy to use with a lot of options that make it very flexible.

KD8TZC

Premium Subscriber
Hey Bud... good to hear from you. I can't figure this dumb thing out. I can't pick anything up unless I use ZIP mode, but then I get all the surrounding counties too. Just looking for Lake County Police/Fire + OHP.

I thought I selected things in Sentinel correctly, sent them over and then had it scan and nothing. Maybe I should go back to my HAM radio and stick with that. Frequencies I can understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.