OSP Central Oregon - Now on OSRP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScanRite

Premium Subscriber
All OSP units are switching over to the OSRP P25 system.

If you're monitoring VHF, you will not hear anything. If there is a unit still transmitting on VHF they'll be patched to the P25 system.

Baker845

My understanding is that VHF will be patched full time to the TRS system. Much like what Benton/Linn counties are doing. Even if no one is using vhf you still here TRS traffic on main VHF repeater. That not the case in Central Oregon?

ScanRite

Premium Subscriber
My understanding is that VHF will be patched full time to the TRS system. Much like what Benton/Linn counties are doing. Even if no one is using vhf you still here TRS traffic on main VHF repeater. That not the case in Central Oregon?

That's what I figured it would be. But it's not. VHF is dead at the moment. Other than a few stragglers that haven't been programmed yet.

ScanRite

Premium Subscriber
VHF is active when dispatch is doing a broadcast, attempt to locate, etc., or communicating with a non-trunk programmed unit. It is not a full time patch.

Baker845

Ok, I guess that set up in Central oregon, is not same as what there going be doing in Eugene area.

ki7fk

Heard another OSP Encrypted on 38438 this morning.
Also heard ODOT on "District 10 North" was removing a deer on Highway 97 on 40423 ".
My apologies if these have already been mentioned somewhere.else on the forum.

Baker845

OSP will be swiching all traffic to TRS system in the metro area's. Rural,coast area's well stay VHF, I was told there well be TRS to VHF patching full time in some area's.

ScanRite

Premium Subscriber
Heard another OSP Encrypted on 38438 this morning.
Also heard ODOT on "District 10 North" was removing a deer on Highway 97 on 40423 ".
My apologies if these have already been mentioned somewhere.else on the forum.

I think you mistyped. :) Should be 38348. Seems to be the encrypted Fish and Game channel.

ki7fk

I am hearing a lot of patched digital and analog traffic on several area OSP VHF channels. It also sounds like they have been having quite a bit of trouble with their MDT's.

ScanRite

Premium Subscriber
Just got back from vacation. Sounds like BP1 154.785 is patched full time now. Odd though, the patch ID doesn't come on now, unless there's a VHF unit on the air. The rest of the transmissions just seem to pop up on VHF. GC 1/2 aren't online that I've heard.

Baker845

From what i been told and understand, patches from TRS to VHF repeaters were going be normal in area's like Bend,Eugene, and Salem.

ki7fk

This afternoon I heard OSP dispatch broadcast a message for all units to switch to digital and away from VHF. It was quiet for awhile but I heard activity back on VHF later. There was a possibility that it had to do with assisting local law enforcement with a case and that was the reason for going digital. I am not sure what to make of it, but it is interesting.

ScanRite

Premium Subscriber
This afternoon I heard OSP dispatch broadcast a message for all units to switch to digital and away from VHF. It was quiet for awhile but I heard activity back on VHF later. There was a possibility that it had to do with assisting local law enforcement with a case and that was the reason for going digital. I am not sure what to make of it, but it is interesting.

I went back to around 3am on my recordings and heard a few units calling dispatch and dispatch wasn't responding. A few hours ago the patrol units were back on 700. Gremlins I guess..

Status
Not open for further replies.