new providence PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

n2znp

So it looks like new providence in union county moved off of their 500mhz channel for PD communications they are still utilizing it for Fire and EMS. Might anyone know where they moved to?

de784

Feed Provider
New providence

My brother lives up there says they are still active on current frequency

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
New Providence PD

Take a closer look at their license under WPHM377,
They have two 10 watt
UHF repeaters on:

Try monitoring here to find PD, if they are here, please make a submission to RR DB with correct PL/DPL if possible. Thanks

The 453.4125 listed in the DB as DPW
(but only licensed for 2 watt portables, however what the license states sometimes does not reflect how and what the licensee actually uses their frequencies especially if they can get away with it!)

Several years ago they wanted to move their dispatch center of several counties to Union County/ NJICS. Might want to tune around there to see if any new talkgroups have come up.

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
New Providence PD

Just received a PM from a user, the PD switched to 460.1375 in October using DPL. (Code not in PM)
This is one of the two low power (10watt) UHF repeater channels they are licensed for.
It would be helpful now if someone can determine what the DPL code is being used on 460.1375.

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
STOP THE PRESSES - Have the info!

Have the info! Got a submission - Going into RR DB Now!

New New Providence PD Channels

F1 460.1375 Input 465.1375
F2 460.1625 input 465.1625

Both using DCS 411 Encode and decode

Thanks All:D

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Just received a PM from a user, the PD switched to 460.1375 in October using DPL. (Code not in PM)
This is one of the two low power (10watt) UHF repeater channels they are licensed for.
It would be helpful now if someone can determine what the DPL code is being used on 460.1375.

They're using a little more power than the license permits, but not much. They don't need much considering the repeater site (aka: the world's best worst keep secret).

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
Mountain Ave ?

Rings a "Bell". Hell of a view of the valley from the top of the structure too.

902 said:
Several years ago they wanted to move their dispatch center of several counties to Union County/ NJICS. Might want to tune around there to see if any new talkgroups have come up.

That went out the window in 2013 when the triborough (Millburn, New Providence, & Summit) shared dispatch center went through.

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
It’s no real secret there’s a giant antenna array at what used to Bell Labs on Mountain Ave. You can see the big tower from 78. I don’t know what the secret is lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's part of the joke of why it's the world's best worst kept secret. ;) Though I was serious when I said the view from the top is actually pretty awesome.

Berkeley Heights, New Providence, Summit, several ham radio groups, and some other upper echelon agencies all have presence up there.

Last edited:

Analogrules

I am very surprised they didn't switch to NJICS. I guess this is a sign that PDs in Union County will not all be going digital trunked. Are any other PDs in Union County expected to switch frequencies or join ICS? I suspect Union Twp will be making plans to leave 500 MHz in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.