CMED/MedCom coordination freqs

Status
Not open for further replies.

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
Hey guys
I know that at least in the old South Central Region there has been a lot of changes. I know that in Fairfield Southwest is still set up the same way as it was with med 9 being the Bridgeport area and different med channels being for the different hospitals as far as the coordination side of things. Hartford is still Med 10 Exedra. My question is what are we using as a mai channel for medcom or say Valley Shore to talk to the ambulance and assign them a patch channel in this area also I believe the East Haven and Branford signed on with Valley Shore or maybe it's Northwest I don't remember but what are they using for a main Channel as well? I'm only talking the channel to call in and say this is so and so unit I need a patch to Yale or I need a patch to Middlesex or whatever.
I actually had somebody asked me the other day what channel East Haven would use other than their regular dispatched Channel and with all of the changes I honestly had no idea

Thanks

leadjammer

CMED/MEDCOMM Coordination Frequencies

I heard an East Haven unit on Med 10 yesterday requesting a patch to Yale and then heard them on Med 6. Also heard a Wallingford unit (maybe Hunters) on Med 10 asking for a patch a few days ago. Medcomm has a nurse in dispatch now directing whether units should go to Chapel or York Streets.

APX7500X2

Listen to Med 22 also. Valley shore has it in New haven and uses it to patch to Yale.

Some of the Valley units use 22 instead of Medcom as Medcom rarely answers the radio anymore...

leadjammer

CMED/MEDCOMM Coordination Frequencies

I didn't think the Valley was part of MEDCOM anymore. Maybe that's why they don't answer.

Kitn1mcc

Premium Subscriber
on 10 you will hear medcom sometimes mostly triple c for hospital assigment

You will hear Valley Shore come on now and then. Oh and you can tell its Valley Shore. Valley Shore has always had a certain sound

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
Ansonia, Derby, Seymour, Bethany and Oxford are part of NWPS now for dispatch while Shelton falls under SW CMED for dispatch. Griffin is patched in by NWPS on MED 2 or 22 while VEMS paramedics have their own frequency now for dispatch by NWPS. Also NWPS handles patches for Mid State Medical Center in Meriden (MED 5 maybe?) as well as coordination for Wallingford and Meriden now.

MEDCOM services New Haven and the Metro area (North Haven, West Haven, East Haven and Hamden) plus handles patches for Yale, St. Ray's Campus and the VA.

Milford Hospital is patched by SW CMED, the med channel is listed under the C-MED section in the CT Database.

Yale Guilford 'I believe is patch in by Valley Shore, again not sure.

I noticed under AMR in the Business database there is a frequency listing for MEDCOM that is different from MED 10. You may want to check that one out Joe.

APX, can you just double check my info here, not sure if I am totally correct on this.

firebuff17

Premium Subscriber
Milford is patched by SW CMED via Med52

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Izzy, correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Griffin is patched through med 42 and sometimes. Second, I just caught med-5 being assigned by NWPS to a Meriden unit on med 102 so that is correct. Milford is patched on med-52.

Manny

Last edited:

APX7500X2

Izzy, correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Griffin is patched through med 42 and sometimes. Second, I just caught med-5 being assigned by NWPS to a Meriden unit on med 102 so that is correct. Milford is patched on med-52.

Manny

NW permanently patches Meds 1, 9, 10 & 102 together as a coordination multi cast.

The only patching channel in the Meriden area is NW Med 82.

NW Med 82 & 102 are in Meriden

NW Med 5, 6, 9 are in Watertown (Med 10 is also there but not used)

NW Med 42 & 92 are in Seymour

NW Med 2 is in Prospect

NW Med 1 is in Southbury

NW Med 10 & 8 are in Danbury

NW Med 9 is also in Redding

Last edited:

bmeehan282

Premium Subscriber
NW permanently patches Meds 1, 9, 10 & 102 together as a coordination multi cast.

The only patching channel in the Meriden area is NW Med 82.

NW Med 82 & 102 are in Meriden

NW Med 5, 6, 9 are in Watertown (Med 10 is also there but not used)

NW Med 42 & 92 are in Seymour

NW Med 2 is in Prospect

NW Med 1 is in Southbury

NW Med 10 & 8 are in Danbury

NW Med 9 is also in Redding

NW Med 7 is in Roxbury.....

APX7500X2

Oh yea Med 7...

What a horrible move, New Milford can barely use it and they do 6X + the calls Roxbury does.

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
Thank you everyone
I had the southwest and Northwest stuff down but Valley Shore area as well as medcom have proven to be a challenge especially medcom cuz it seems like they switched channels every couple of months. But thank you very much for this info now I know where to go to listen to what

bmeehan282

Premium Subscriber
Oh yea Med 7...

What a horrible move, New Milford can barely use it and they do 6X + the calls Roxbury does.

The issue was very simple. We had room on our tower, New Milford did not.
The Roxbury Tower is actually very high, 180' tower on top of a 830' hill, covers great to the east, west, and south. To the North however with New Milford's hilly geography it doesnt cover so well.

And to just correct you, New Milford does TEN times the calls Roxbury does.

Status
Not open for further replies.