2004 Dodge Dakota Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

ngreed

After having this vehicle for a few months, I finally got around to doing the Install

The plan is to install both a Yeasu FTM-400 and a Motorola XPR 4550. I currently only have the XPR 4550, waiting for the budget for the FTM-400

Wireing was directly off the battery and run into the center console to a Anderson Powerpole distribution block. Power was run from the console to the radio.

Pictures below show more detail. Enjoy, questions, comments welcome.

Attachments

• Antenna Detail.jpg
    Antenna Detail.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 623
  • Antenna Overview.jpg
    Antenna Overview.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 591
  • Dual Band.jpg
    Dual Band.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 618
  • UHF.jpg
    UHF.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 594
  • Mount Detail.jpg
    Mount Detail.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 595

ngreed

More Pictures

Attachments

• Overview.jpg
    Overview.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 557
  • Mic.jpg
    Mic.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 555
  • Radio Close 2.jpg
    Radio Close 2.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 592
  • Radio Close.jpg
    Radio Close.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 548

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
After having this vehicle for a few months, I finally got around to doing the Install

The plan is to install both a Yeasu FTM-400 and a Motorola XPR 4550. I currently only have the XPR 4550, waiting for the budget for the FTM-400

Wireing was directly off the battery and run into the center console to a Anderson Powerpole distribution block. Power was run from the console to the radio.

Pictures below show more detail. Enjoy, questions, comments welcome.

Nice job.

What is the antenna in the second or third picture(not the shark fin)?

Nice to see the antennas drilled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ

ngreed

It was the only dual band low profile antenna I could find, I have a low clearance garage I still want to be able to get into. I don't use 2m that much, mostly 440.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
It was the only dual band low profile antenna I could find, I have a low clearance garage I still want to be able to get into. I don't use 2m that much, mostly 440.

Fender mount a Larsen(Maxrad/PCTEL/Sinclab just not Tram garbage) 5/8 wave, and diplex another shark fin to it. You will at least have a usable 2m setup then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber

Yeah, low profiles on VHF typically do not yield positive results. But, your mileage may vary and if it performs as you need/want then that's what matters. With it being NMO you can always throw another dual-bander on there and see how it does if you need better performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.