• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Apx7500 console/tr10 tone remote

Status
Not open for further replies.

cifd64

Premium Subscriber
Setting up an APX7500 with tone remote. The TR 10 will transmit, but rx audio is very low. Volume adjustment on the console or the TR does not impact audio output. What am I missing? I have the gui up and trc is selected as wireline option.

jim202

Setting up an APX7500 with tone remote. The TR 10 will transmit, but rx audio is very low. Volume adjustment on the console or the TR does not impact audio output. What am I missing? I have the gui up and trc is selected as wireline option.

Having had to interface to many Motorola radios and consoles over the years, it was always a challenge trying to find the correct place on the radio accessory connector or the 66 style punch down blocks to make the connection. The first thing to determine is if it is a 2 wire or a 4 wire connection going to the radio.

Hope you have the information on the accessory connector on the radio and have the accessory pins programmed for your application.

There is a pin on the accessory connector that is called "Fixed Audio". This is a receive audio that is squelched. I always use it for remote connections. You also need to use one of the ground pins for the other side of the fixed audio as the return. This audio level will not change with the radio control panel volume control.

The "AUX MIC" input is used for the TX audio. But this pin generally needs to be programmed. It also had programming for the gain of the aux mic audio input. In your case this would be the transmit audio coming from the TR10. Don't forget that it needs a ground for the other side of the TR10 TX audio. This TX audio is from a transformer inside the TR10 remote.

The TR-10 remote is transformer coupled and as such it needs the ground connection on the receive audio input to work correctly. This is going on the assumption you have the TR10 set up for a 4 wire connection. If it's set for 2 wire operation, it won't work correctly. One pair for the receive audio and one pair for the transmit audio. There is also a RX audio input volume control inside the TR10 that will need to be adjusted to set the audio to the required level.

Other than what I have already said above, your on your own. It would help if you had an audio level meter like a TIMS unit to measure the audio levels your playing with.

Let the group on here know how you make out.

cifd64

Premium Subscriber
Great information. Thank you. These are set up for 4 wire. I clipped the RJ11 off the included cable with the TR10 and put in an RJ45, as the wireline port wants 45. Didnt help but I think the plug alignment is better. But perhaps the pinout is incorrect for this purpose? I will check the pinout for the wireline port and compare to the default pinout of the RJ11.

When you mention having the accessory pins programmed correctly, is that in the Consolette GUI or on the mobile radio?

Status
Not open for further replies.