• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Changes on the way...

Status
Not open for further replies.

n0nhj

In way too deep...
Feed Provider
This should put a kink in the agencies that invested heavily in Motorola's ADP encryption, because it was cheap. If they are unable to buy any additional units capable of ADP, they will either need to fund the upgrade cost to AES or remove it if they need to add new radios.

https://www.rrmediagroup.com/News/NewsDetails/newsID/16202
Link to the original article has working links referred to at the end of this article.

Motorola Removes ADP Encryption as Included Option from Radios
By Sandra Wendelken, Editor
Tuesday, November 07, 2017

Motorola Solutions agreed to remove the Advanced Digital Privacy (ADP) encryption feature as an included option from all subscriber models on or before June 30, 2017.

Last edited by a moderator:

RayAir

It might have been at first Motorola exclusive, but Relm, Harris, and I believe Ericsson made p25 radios that worked just fine with Motorola ADP.

They just couldn't call it ADP:
Relm- RCE Encryption
Harris- Encryption Lite

Same standard, 40 bit RC4.

snoopyII

Looks to me like Harris customers are going to come out ok with the free single key AES. Kenwood, EF and BK on the other hand are going to put the screws to theirs...."too bad...so sad...more money please..."

Last edited:

Mikek

Premium Subscriber
Pardon my naivety, but what is an "included option"?

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
It might have been at first Motorola exclusive, but Relm, Harris, and I believe Ericsson made p25 radios that worked just fine with Motorola ADP.

They just couldn't call it ADP:

Relm- RCE Encryption

Harris- Encryption Lite

Same standard, 40 bit RC4.

Add Tait to that list as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
Pardon my naivety, but what is an "included option"?

an option standard (included) with the product for no additional cost. Motorola started bundling single key ADP software encryption on all APX subscribers quite a while ago. Other vendors begin to follow suit with low cost encryption, Harris gave free DES, same with EFJ. Think of it like floor mats and an AM-FM radio on a car.

No one gives you AES-256 for free, at least not that I am aware of.

snoopyII

Attached is the Harris response, even though they are only giving single key AES, its better than nothing.

Attachments

• P25-CAP_Harris-Response-Letter-Encryption-Req-CAB_170615-508.pdf
    204.6 KB · Views: 114

crazyboy

ADP isn’t going away, it’s just not an included option. This is for P25 compliance, where encryption if purchased must include AES.

Status
Not open for further replies.