Diff between HP-1 with Extreme Upgrade & HP-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanomaha

Please Help…. Can someone tell me the difference between the HP-1 that has “Extreme Upgrade”, and the HP-2?

Is the “Extreme Upgrade” for only the HP-1?... AND, does the “Extreme Upgrade” work on the HP-2 just like it does for the HP-1?

I understand that the HP-2 will do Phase 2 and TDMA…..I am struggling to figure out if the Extreme Upgrade will work on the HP-2.

marksmith

Please Help…. Can someone tell me the difference between the HP-1 that has “Extreme Upgrade”, and the HP-2?

Is the “Extreme Upgrade” for only the HP-1?... AND, does the “Extreme Upgrade” work on the HP-2 just like it does for the HP-1?

I understand that the HP-2 will do Phase 2 and TDMA…..I am struggling to figure out if the Extreme Upgrade will work on the HP-2.
Extreme upgrade works on both hp1 and hp2 exactly the same way.

It is for both radios.

The difference between hp1 and hp2 is phase 2 TDMA and also a different digital decoder. Both radios use the same version of Sentinel.

Mark
536/436/ws1095/996p2/996xt/325p2/396xt/psr800/396t/HP-1/HP-2 & others

scanomaha

Extreme upgrade works on both hp1 and hp2 exactly the same way.

It is for both radios.

The difference between hp1 and hp2 is phase 2 TDMA and also a different digital decoder. Both radios use the same version of Sentinel.

Mark
536/436/ws1095/996p2/996xt/325p2/396xt/psr800/396t/HP-1/HP-2 & others
Perfect!!! thank you for the reply :)

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Can you install a digital trunk system by hand in the HP-2 or do you need the "xtrme upgrade to do this...I have the 996P2 now and H/H and its very easy to put in different towers for the IL-Starcom , i have never used software to pgm ...If i use the "zip code it most likely pgm too much of what i don't need....I have had thoughts of purchasing the HP-2....TY

K2RNI

Scanner Master says it has a Direction Finder assistance or something like that but no one else mentions. I would more info and youtube demos of this!

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Can you install a digital trunk system by hand in the HP-2 or do you need the "xtrme upgrade to do this...I have the 996P2 now and H/H and its very easy to put in different towers for the IL-Starcom , i have never used software to pgm ...If i use the "zip code it most likely pgm too much of what i don't need....I have had thoughts of purchasing the HP-2....TY
You cannot enter, create, or edit a system on either the HP-1 or HP-2, unless you have the Extreme Upgrade. With the Extreme, you can do it easily.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
My HP-2 with extreme upgrade also scans and receives talkgroups that I may or may not have yet. This feature has allowed me the opportunity to update the databases with accurate info.

Be Safe
For either the HP-1 or HP-2, using the Extreme Upgrade, you can toggle a system between ID Scan (which scans only talkgroups that have been entered and are not avoided) and ID Search, which stops on all active talkgroups, entered or not, as long as they are not avoided.

For either of these scanners, without the Extreme, you can switch between ID Search and ID Scan by making the change in Sentinel, then downloading that to the scanner, But to change it back, the correction would have to be made in Sentinel and the updated file written to the scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.