Travelers Rest Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
T.R. went silent a couple weeks ago and I figures it was due to the change over. I built a whole new set of scanlists in easy scan but still no T.R. police on my WS1080. Any ideas?

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
That is how I have them programmed. Got one brief transmission tonight and that is all. Maybe I need to add the Ceasers Head tower also, just have them on the Grenville simulcast site now.

mckinscan

Feed Provider
You might need add hogback and caederhead frequencies to get other transmissions as one site not enough

TRSC

Premium Subscriber
Same thing with my pro-106, since the conversion TRPD has gone silent, I have Ceasars Head and Hogback downloaded as well as the talkgroup

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
Since I last posted, they started working on my 1080 with no changes. Weird.

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
Once again TR police has been gone for a couple weeks Been using a wildcard to try to find them but no luck. Is anyone hearing them or is it just me?

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
Come to think of it they have a tower in back of the police station, I wonder if they are using that instead of the tower on Paris mountain?

mckinscan

Feed Provider
Per the radio reference database they have two UHF freq. that they could be using instead of the 800 radio system

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
You may be right. They quit using them years ago, but might have gone back after the P25 switch. I will check now.

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
Per the radio reference database they have two UHF freq. that they could be using instead of the 800 radio system

And we have a winner! Using the old frequencies but P25 system. So they must be using their tower in the back parking lot of the PD.

Blue21

Premium Subscriber
T.R. went silent a couple weeks ago and I figures it was due to the change over. I built a whole new set of scanlists in easy scan but still no T.R. police on my WS1080. Any ideas?

I recently purchased a bear cat bct15x and am trying to program it with the Greenville area. I know how to do the basic stuff but was wondering if you knew anything about programming the 800. I am also interested in TRPD as well. Thank you for the help.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
I recently purchased a bear cat bct15x and am trying to program it with the Greenville area. I know how to do the basic stuff but was wondering if you knew anything about programming the 800. I am also interested in TRPD as well. Thank you for the help.

Unfortunately, Greenville, and all areas of SC that use the Palmetto 800 system, are now using digital radio transmissions. Your BCT15X is an analog trunk tracker that cannot decode the digital radio transmissions. So, with that radio, you won't be able to monitor any local agencies that use the Palmetto 800 system.

You can listen to conventional analog transmissions used by the Greenville Co SO, most Greenville Co fire departments (but not Greenville City FD) and Greenville County EMS.

Sorry for the bad news.

Edit - Just saw the other thread that you started, and see that you already received the bad news from someone else. I'm glad you can return the radio you have.

The Palmetto 800 site you'll be monitoring in the Greenville area will be the Greenville Simulcast site which has tower sites on Paris Mtn, Simpsonville, and "Landmark" (in Central Gville Co). As far as decoding simulcast, I've had pretty good luck with my WS-1080 (upgraded PSR-800) with RadioShack 800MHz duck antenna in the Upstate. But it all depends on location. Folks in the Columbia area have had a lot of trouble.

Whether you choose Uniden or Whistler is a matter of preference, much like Coke or Pepsi and Chevy or Ford. They both do the same thing in different ways. Unfortunately, it's not easy to buy one of each for a test drive like it is for a car or a sample of soda.

Good luck with your choice,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.