Airspy HF+ is available

Status
Not open for further replies.

p1879

I bought one.

https://www.itead.cc/airspy-hf-plus.html
and the Airspy US people have them.

I hope this one works well on FM broadcast DX. Too bad most of low band vhf is cut out. There are some price specials out there, for those risk-taking early adopters....

I don't know anyone that even has a SDR, much less anybody at the dealer level, except for the great help I got from Steve Brightman at SDRPlay. This is a new brand for me, but I feel pretty secure it will be an interesting gadget.
p1879

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I bought one.

https://www.itead.cc/airspy-hf-plus.html
and the Airspy US people have them.

I hope this one works well on FM broadcast DX. Too bad most of low band vhf is cut out. There are some price specials out there, for those risk-taking early adopters....

I don't know anyone that even has a SDR, much less anybody at the dealer level, except for the great help I got from Steve Brightman at SDRPlay. This is a new brand for me, but I feel pretty secure it will be an interesting gadget.
p1879

Airspy.US has a preorder form. I don't see anything suggesting they have them in stock.

Risk-taking early adopters? Based upon past history with Airspys, of which I own a handful, I consider it extremely low-to-no risk :)

As far as price specials being out there, where else besides Itead do you know of the HF+ being "in stock"?

Mike

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I got a hold of Airspy.US to inquire.

Nobody has them in stock yet. ETA about 3 weeks from both sources.

Airspy.US and ITEAD are now taking pre-orders.

There are some early production units in the hands of reviewers and SW authors, and those units are in some cases online using SpyServer

Mike

p1879

My thought on the "risk-taking early adopters" was merely an attempt to balance my enthusiasm for the new radio. From what I have read, I feel satisfaction will result.

Being an old curmudgeon on a low-sodium diet, I have to take a grain of salt once in a while.

p1879

Sorry, I should have clarified my "buying one". I pre-ordered with Airspy US, and the payment was accepted. They had a coupon code for a 50$ discount. I initially tried to pre-order with Itead, but it would not accept the coupon code, at the time. I noticed no advisement of arrival date, so I am glad to hear of a time-frame from y'all.

Airspy-US

We will keep those who ordered updated on progress (expected date we receive them, order complete notices, and of course tracking number when the order ships).

We have always been able to clear preorders the same day we receive stock, but that may be a challenge this time based on the sheer numbers of orders. Still, we will try. It mainly depends on the time of day the shipment arrives. It may depend on the day of the week as some days we have more staff available.

We understand from another post you have been unable to contact us via email. This is very unusual and we hope you see this is not how we do business. Please try emailing us again.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
My thought on the "risk-taking early adopters" was merely an attempt to balance my enthusiasm for the new radio. From what I have read, I feel satisfaction will result.

I completely understand. I have a feeling you'll be quite happy with the product. If it weren't for the Airspy products, I doubt I'd be playing around in the hobby right now. I have scanners, but I rarely turn them on and use them. I use an AIrspy much more often.

I'm pretty upset that I didn't discover the $50 coupon before it was too late. I pre-ordered the HF+ anyway, right after I saw your message.

- Mike

Forly192

Has anyone received their HF+?

How long did it take from ordering it to receiving it at your doorstep?

Airspy-US

All units ordered shipped within 24 hours of when we got stock. All USA customers should have received them by December 28th. USA delivery time is 1-3 days. (3 days for remote locations - 2 days is typical)

Forly192

I ordered mine from Itead and it’s been more than 2 weeks and I haven’t received it.

mbott

Premium Subscriber
I ordered mine from Itead and it’s been more than 2 weeks and I haven’t received it.

I ordered on Nov 10, The Airspy HF+ was received yesterday. I went with the Registered Airmail for shipping, which I now know is something I will not do in the future.

My initial review says this is well worth $200. Where I had nothing but AM images on LW with the SDRplay RSP2, those are not present on the Airspy HF+. Really cleaned up the MW band, too. Just may start some AM DXing. Been using both SDR# and SDR Console V3.

--
Mike

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I ordered on Nov 10, The Airspy HF+ was received yesterday. I went with the Registered Airmail for shipping, which I now know is something I will not do in the future.

My initial review says this is well worth $200. Where I had nothing but AM images on LW with the SDRplay RSP2, those are not present on the Airspy HF+. Really cleaned up the MW band, too. Just may start some AM DXing. Been using both SDR# and SDR Console V3.

--
Mike

As you know, right now it's in the 50s F in Ohio right now, but not for long. I sure wish I would have had the ambition to set up my loop today. I still have nothing to monitor HF with, so I haven't been able to test out the Airspy HF+ at all.

Glad to hear that you got yours and that, so far, it's working well for you! I've never in my life been able to listen to things down low (NDBs and such). i've always had way too much noise on simple dipoles or verticals. I'm really looking forward to the day when I can test things out.

mike

Status
Not open for further replies.