Gloucester County Ems & Fire tones

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilAirNJ

Does anyone have an updated list for Gloucester Co. I am using two tone detect finder, but it would take years. I see Cardani's Philly guide has them listed but I do not think they are up to date.

Thanks

KC2KQH

I would expect the Philly guide to be close. It's been a while since I've looked at it, but I suspect the only things that might be out of date are the EMS tones. Most of the squads have folded and gone to GCEMS now, so that list may be missing the county EMS tones and a lot of the old EMS tones would no longer apply. Otherwise, tones have remained pretty much unchanged since I was a member of an FD in the county close to 15 years ago.

-Ryan

AJ594729

Washington Twp Fire

Hey Ryan, any chance you could tell me where I can find Washington Twp Fire’s district tone that they use for fires? I work for the EMS squad in town and the tone set I have doesn’t alert on my Minitor 6, I know the Tone 1 is 1163.8 ... I can’t find Tone 2....

KC2KQH

I would start with what is listed in this PDF on page 13.
http://scannerdigest.com/files/phlcomm-nj-glouco-2014.pdf

The radio frequencies are no longer all correct since Gloucester moved to 700, but I don't expect the dispatch tones have changed. I've intended to put my own guide together similar to this one on my own website, but time hasn't allowed for that yet.

You might notice the tones are just slightly off from how your pager takes them. I found these minor variations when I converted tones from older Minitor IIs to the software programmed IIIs and Vs. The tone will still fall within the tolerances and the pager should still alert.

I'm not sure if there is a district 10 fire tone or if they just drop every set when needed. I believe the latter was the case for Elk (39) when I lived up there.

-Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.