WS1065: SuperTrack in expert menu - pro or con?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nanZor

Has anyone noticed any difference with the SuperTrack option being turned OFF on either conventional or trunked systems? (and not only for the 1065..)

I'm not talking about ZeroMatic, but Supertrack. I noticed that it is an "alternative" DSP algo, and it is defaulted to ON - even for conventional channel programming.

I turned it off for a whole scanlist of conventional channels but really can't tell any difference.

Side Note: HD5 Fade

I *do* have improved performance with weak signal conventional systems that lose the PL, OR users that tend to over-deviate or "talk off" the PL - at least as detected by the 1065's dsp - the audio doesn't mute as much when they do that. I cranked up HD5 fade from the default of 2000 to the max of 2500.

And after all these years, never knew the Pro106, um Whistler 1065 can even detect PL "reverse burst" with the HD2 activation when doing a direct tune, and the ADC Cal set to show DSP values. Pretty cool, even though I'm not sure the DSP can actually need or take advantage of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.