Scanning Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

raski

Can anyone lead me to a good resource to find the frequencies used by local police, fire and service workers in a local munincipality?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
The "Databases" button at the top of the page is a pretty good palce to start.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
jonwienke is right. The databases on this site are probably the most comprehensive available and always being updated. In addition, the other information available is priceless.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
Do... do you know where you are?

Let's cut him a little bit of slack this time. He's obviously new to scanning and this web site. I suspect he Googled something and this forum popped up.

bob550

Premium Subscriber
I'm voting with KK4JUG. Maybe vidtech has been a member for most of the past year, but he's posted (and maybe visited the site) a fraction of the time that others have. So, thank you jonwienke for a non-judgmental answer.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
I'm voting with KK4JUG. Maybe vidtech has been a member for most of the past year, but he's posted (and maybe visited the site) a fraction of the time that others have. So, thank you jonwienke for a non-judgmental answer.

I may be changing my mind, Bob. I looked at some previous posts (there were only a couple or so) and it seems he arrived in this forum with a chip on his shoulder.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/ Click on the state of interest, then the county.

You could also do an FCC license search, it is a little more cumbersome: License Search It gives only frequenices. If there is a trunked system, there is no talkgroup data there as such things are not of interest to the FCC.

The Radio Reference database is as good as it gets, though it is entirely dependent on user submitted information. The FCC license search may yield things that haven't been reported.

n1das

Can anyone lead me to a good resource to find the frequencies used by local police, fire and service workers in a local munincipality?
YES.

(Just strictly answering the OP's yes/no question.)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

raski

Thanks to those who gave me good direction. I got a good laugh from the judges and jury of the forum. I didn't know that just being a frequent reader and not a regular poster was a sin here. Perhaps those who took the time to only offer criticism should take a good hard look at themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.