Interagency on Bell Fleetnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Dis

Hi folks,

First off - thanks to everyone who assisted me in my previous thread r.e. purchasing a new scanner. I can't wait to get my hands on one.

I had a question about https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=861 - specifically the "Interagency/Common/Mutual Aid" talkgroups.

What exactly do these talkgroups entail of? Is this when agencies patch between each other? Has anyone heard this in use?

Thanks

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Yes, these are talkgroups used for patches between agencies, and yes they do get used (some more than others).

moonbounce

Hi folks,

First off - thanks to everyone who assisted me in my previous thread r.e. purchasing a new scanner. I can't wait to get my hands on one.

I had a question about https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=861 - specifically the "Interagency/Common/Mutual Aid" talkgroups.

What exactly do these talkgroups entail of? Is this when agencies patch between each other? Has anyone heard this in use?

Thanks

Have you looked into $20 RTL-SRD dongles and the free software that is available for them? Much cheaper option.

MB

VA3ADP

Premium Subscriber
Reiterating what Forts said, the interop TG's are used quite often. Just the other night I heard peel EMS patching with Cambridge CACC on Southwest Zone Common.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

2Dis

Have you looked into $20 RTL-SRD dongles and the free software that is available for them? Much cheaper option.

MB

I haven't? what does this do?

& thanks to everyone else. Anyone hear any good stuff specifically from PDs?

Muxlow

Super Secret
With the USB option your gonna need a computer with some good ram and CPU, as it needs to run 2 programs. Will need 2 usb dongles 1 to hold on the control channel of a trunked system and another to do voice following. So dongle 1 is getting all the info and sending that to dongle 2 to decode.

Your audio wont be as nice as it would on a scanner and its a huge PITA for someone who has 0 experience with trunking and scanners. Plus it isnt too mobile as you need a computer to do it all. A old acer laptop will just sit there and take 2.9 days to decide what it wants to do.

I have plenty of them things and have used it for voice following maybe.. 2? ever on fleetnet. Came in handy before there was a DMR/NXDN scanner.

Stick to the scanner you'll end up with more hair at the end of the day unlike MrForts

satboy8888

Correction: you can monitor both control channel and voice channel(s) as long as it falls within dongle bandwidth limit (approx 3mhz for cheap SDR)

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

2Dis

Hmm.. interesting. However this wouldn't be portable correct?

Plus it seems megaconfusing, haha!

Status
Not open for further replies.