• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Baofeng UV-82

Status
Not open for further replies.

slingshot202

Feed Provider
I have programmed several of these radios but this is the first time I have had an issue like this.

I am unable to hit a repeater with this radio. It is transmitting on the frequency in question, but does not click as it hit the repeater when monitoring on another radio.

At this point it is for each channel programmed that has a repeater. I see the +/- symbol - I key up and check on a open radio and hear the key up.

Thinking PL tone, but I have verified that as well.

I did a UV-82 and a GT-3TP and no issues with that one, just the UV-82.

Thoughts?

I am using 20171104 from Chirp.

slingshot202

Feed Provider
I have done testing on this today and I am not sure what the problem could be.

I program the repeater transmit channel in direct - monitoring with PL on another radio set this way on purpose and it does key to it (never opens the repeater).

I did same thing on another radio and works without any issues.

I did a reset on the radio - tried again, no change. I have only seen a behavior like this once, and it was on one channel (not all channels).

Oh when I set the other radio with the direct and PL as I did on the 82 - key up, I get the rx on the 82 and hear the repeater open on a regularly programmed radio.

Strangest behavior I have ever seen.

KD8DVR

Make sure you actually have the correct frequency programmed. Your "frequency" should be the repeaters output frequency.

ALSO, listening with a second radio nearby usually does not work. You are desensitizing the receiver of the listening radio when you are transmitting with the other one. You overload the receiver, therefore you hear nothing.

slingshot202

Feed Provider
Yeah, I know the channels are right since I have been programming it forever and have done it more than once, copied known good configs.

I know the other radios are actually hitting the repeater. It is the strangest thing I have ever seen. I have used the latest (well from Tues) CHIRP and an older one just to give it a shot.

hill

Premium Subscriber
I would go with a bad radio. I have three of the GT-5's a version of the UV-82 and one had no rf ouput. It wouldn't hit the Repeater, but at radio testing at the ham radio club it was on putting out mw on high power.

slingshot202

Feed Provider
I would go with a bad radio. I have three of the GT-5's a version of the UV-82 and one had no rf ouput. It wouldn't hit the Repeater, but at radio testing at the ham radio club it was on putting out mw on high power.
Yeah. Makes sense. Maybe output is not right. Got to be it.

Thanks,
C.J
Sent from the Galaxy S8 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.