Windows update feed goes down

Status
Not open for further replies.

ron351

Feed Provider
When my computer gets a automatic windows update and computer reboots the software never starts when the computer restarts after the update so my feed is then down until I manually start it again..
I believe it is in the startup list but never does start.
I use Scannercast for my feed by the way
Any suggestions?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Pretty sure it is disabled.
If Win Updates is truly disabled then the OS would stay up and therefore your feed would stay up. I would check again.

But guessing since it is a exe that program it won't run on startup or something.
If you want to go the Win Updates automatic route then create a shortcut to the exe file and add it to the Startup folder.

Side note:
If using a BCD996P2 with the front USB port for the purpose of text tags, anytime the computer reboots the scanner needs to be power cycled so it's best to use the rear RS-232 port.

Last edited:

ron351

Feed Provider
If Win Updates is truly disabled then the OS would stay up and therefore your feed would stay up. I would check again.

If you want to go the Win Updates automatic route then create a shortcut to the exe file and add it to the Startup folder.

Side note:
If using a BCD996P2 with the front USB port for the purpose of text tags, anytime the computer reboots the scanner needs to be power cycled so it's best to use the rear RS-232 port.

Thanks will disable win updates and may try the shortcut thing and add to startup and reboot and see.

rcool101

Feed Provider
Win 10 is a pain to disable too....I also had my feed go down as I just updated to Win10....Win 10 upgrade is still free till Dec 31 if anybody still wants it...by the way

ron351

Feed Provider
Win 10 is a pain to disable too....I also had my feed go down as I just updated to Win10....Win 10 upgrade is still free till Dec 31 if anybody still wants it...by the way

Thanks, I have windows 7 still keeping it, have tried windows 10 and didn't care for it

updates

mine has done that several times. windows 10 up dates when it is not convenient to you. what program are you using to stream? If you are using scannercast go to the advance tab and on the right of the window put a check in the Start broadcast when Scanner cast starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.