ScannerCast Not Responding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever I start running scannercast it freezes up and has to be shut down. I open it, hit the Login to RR & Get Config and then Start Broadcast. As soon as the status at the bottom says "running" I get a windows error message saying

K1PGV's ScannerCast has stopped working

Checking for solution

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

So I can only open this program to close it again.

Immediately prior to this I had received a report that the audio was unintelligible, but attempting to correct that caused there to be no audio whatsoever. I undid the steps taken, but still had no audio whatsoever. I've rebooted both the computer and scanner twice.

Scanner info is Uniden BCD996P2, connected to PC w/ USB for data & 3.5mm stereo connector to the REC jack on the back of the scanner running to 3.5mm Line-In jack on back of computer.

Computer is running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit, real-tek audio. No other devices or programs are using any sound devices or any related programs at all right now.

Quick update:

The ScannerCast not responding error has been resolved with another reboot.

I still have the issue of no audio on the feed.

Also have found that I can get audio via line-in on my computer by partially inserting the Stereo 3.5mm audio plug into the Ext Spkr jack on the back of my scanner. No audio whatsoever comes out when the cable is in the REC jack. Is it possible the jack has failed? The scanner is brand new, less than a month old and has never been subjected to any hard shocks or vibrations (since it's arrived).

That said, when the audio is coming through to the computer on the Line-In jack, and I can hear it on my computer speakers, it still does not go to the feed.

rcool101

Feed Provider
I always used the headphone jack regardless of scanner. never had any luck with rec in the back of my scanners...I use a 396T with a stereo plug now......Some scanners require a stereo plug.....some mono....I also use RadioFeed....ScannerCast is ancient and not been updated forever

You have to have the channel on the scanner set to "Record Out" as well.

I had problems with Scannercast. I switched to RadioFeed and it has run flawlessly for six years.

I saw that when I pulled up the manual. The interesting thing is that I hadn't done anything with that when I initially set it up and it worked fine. I never made any changes to it. I went through and made sure they were all set to Record Out. It seems to be working now, not sure how that record setting would have been deactivated.

Ok I think I found the problem with Scannercast. Whenever the program restarts with data streaming as well as audio, as with the Talk Group IDs and Alpha Tags, it will crash the program unless the scanner is also restarted. If you have it running and then have to stop for some reason, including rebooting your computer, it will always crash upon restarting unless you select AUDIO ONLY or reboot the scanner before you click START BROADCAST

Hope this helps any other users out there who have run into the same problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.