St. Clair Cencom issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanVogt

Feed Provider
I have used FreeScan and the import from RR trunked system to import and upload the Frequencies for the Starcom21 P25 system used by Cencom in St. Clair illinois. However it says i am missing APCO Band Plan? is this something i need? i havent heard anything in a couple hours since i uploaded it.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Your scanner should load the Band Plan from the control channel when it first receives it.

That's not guaranteed; some systems are implicit, others explicit.

Implicit - Radio firmware plus CC messages determines channel/frequency pair
Explicit - System assigns the actual TX and RX frequencies over the CC

While explicit is typically used for VHF/UHF systems, I've heard of it popping up on 700/800 systems as well.

In this case, best bet is to select P25 Auto or whatever the appropriate selection for the scanner model is.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
We had a UHF system suddenly stop broadcasting the bandplans over the control channel. Until they were input manually, nothing was heard.

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
when i import Starcom atleast for me Freescan sets it as Mot Type II

I change the type setting to P25 Standard[

QUOTE=RyanVogt;2843429]I have used FreeScan and the import from RR trunked system to import and upload the Frequencies for the Starcom21 P25 system used by Cencom in St. Clair illinois. However it says i am missing APCO Band Plan? is this something i need? i havent heard anything in a couple hours since i uploaded it.[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.