Amarillo Radio Communications System (ARCS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Recently, the new Amarillo Radio Communications System (ARCS) was approved by the FCC. According to a reliable source, this new P25, Phase II TRS will be online by the end of the year. Does anyone know if this new TRS will be expanded to any neighboring counties in the future?

73's

Ron
Ron,

See this post and it's related thread regarding trunking in that area of the state.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
I'm interested to find out what the SID on that system is as it will tell if they bought their own core of if they are tying into someone else's core.

motorola_otaku

Premium Subscriber
I'm interested to find out what the SID on that system is as it will tell if they bought their own core of if they are tying into someone else's core.
If I was a betting person, I'd wager they bought a M core and might start bringing PANCOM sites in as ASTRO conventional sites, with the long-term goal of possibly trunking some of them as budgets permit.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
If I was a betting person, I'd wager they bought a M core and might start bringing PANCOM sites in as ASTRO conventional sites, with the long-term goal of possibly trunking some of them as budgets permit.

True. With Texarkana tying into GATTRS a few weeks ago it still could be anyone’s guess though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mjm2001

Amarillo Radio Communications System

Has anyone started scanning the new ARCS? I noticed that it was online last trip down there a couple of weeks ago.
Was in and out a lot so didn't get to monitor it much so was wondering if they have put any units on it yet?

mjm2001

Was in Amarillo earlier this week. All four sites on this system were up and transmitting data. I did pickup one talk group on 20101 from what little traffic I heard it sounded like either a tech testing or a maintenance worker checking coverage near a building.

mjm2001

New Talk Groups

Was in Amarillo this last Friday and in conversation with my stepson who works for AFD he said they were told that July 11 will be the cutover date for the new trunking system. He noted that some supervisors have been using the system checking coverage. It will not be just one or two departments they were told it will be a total city wide communications cut over.

Potter County will follow later and there is talk that Randall County will join the system at a later date.

While there I had a chance to hookup the scanner and logged the following Talk Groups
20101This one sounded like ground crews testing as well as regular work
20102 Heard what sounded like APD traffic on this one license checks
20106 looked like data transmissions of some sort

Embalmer-Mortician

Premium Subscriber
20151 is full time encryption. Unknown, obviously, if radio shop testing or live traffic

Status
Not open for further replies.