Windows 10 update failing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Windows 10 up date is trying to update and install FEATURE UPDATE TO WINDOWS 10 VERSION 1709 and it keeps failing over several times and still keeps trying. How do I stop windows update from tying to download and installing this on my computer, I tried to do a complete re-install of windows 10 and this did not help.
Steve

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
There have been a lot of problems reported with Windows 10 update #1709.

Look under the Advanced Options of Windows Update, near the bottom, you should see an option to defer the updates for up to 365 days.

Hopefully Microsoft will have a fix by then. :cool:

Problems associated with update #1709, and Microsoft's attitude, have convinced me to go back to Windows 7 Pro, at least for now, and sometime to come.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Windows 10 Home

There have been a lot of problems reported with Windows 10 update #1709.

Look under the Advanced Options of Windows Update, near the bottom, you should see an option to defer the updates for up to 365 days.

Hopefully Microsoft will have a fix by then. :cool:

Problems associated with update #1709, and Microsoft's attitude, have convinced me to go back to Windows 7 Pro, at least for now, and sometime to come.
Sorry I have Windows 10 Home It will not work with my windows
Steve

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Sorry I have Windows 10 Home It will not work with my windows
Steve

Did you buy it, or do the free upgrade? You might try downloading Windows 10 Professional, it may let you install it.

There is also an opportunity to still obtain a free upgrade to Windows 10 Professional, from Microsoft.

Here's how to get Windows 10 for free -- until Dec. 31

People who require assistive technologies still quality for the free upgrade, though Microsoft doesn't ask for any evidence that you actually use such tools.

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/microsoft-windows-10-free-upgrade-offer-assistive-features/

Saint

Premium Subscriber
free upgrade

Did you buy it, or do the free upgrade? You might try downloading Windows 10 Professional, it may let you install it.

There is also an opportunity to still obtain a free upgrade to Windows 10 Professional, from Microsoft.

Here's how to get Windows 10 for free -- until Dec. 31

People who require assistive technologies still quality for the free upgrade, though Microsoft doesn't ask for any evidence that you actually use such tools.

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/microsoft-windows-10-free-upgrade-offer-assistive-features/

I upgraded over a year ago for free.
Steve

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
I have a similar issue, I think I traced it to my system reserve partition being too small. I think it needs to be over 100 MB (mine is only 47). Mine is too small because I cloned my drive from a 500 GB standard drive to a 128 GB SSD.

I have not had a chance to resize the partitions yet to see if that does fix it.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
update problem

I have a similar issue, I think I traced it to my system reserve partition being too small. I think it needs to be over 100 MB (mine is only 47). Mine is too small because I cloned my drive from a 500 GB standard drive to a 128 GB SSD.

I have not had a chance to resize the partitions yet to see if that does fix it.

I have it on an old computer so I am just going to leave it off the internet until Microsoft comes up with the fix or just forget about it, I'm sick of the computer trying to update over and over.
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.