Bypassing the busy-tone? Want to hear LASD deputies angelic voices all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radiocar

Salty Coxswain
Not to be a felonious terrorist but...

So I have been experimenting with input freqs, receive only input freqs, in an effort to try and catch those oscillating radio waves before SCC, but to no avial, I am having issues. Is it possible to somehow catch airwaves coming from the field deputies to the repeater before it gets all "simplex-y" with the output freqs?

Not that I am tired of hearing the fun and quirky dispatchers at SCC following a series of beeps, I just think it would be nice to hear the deps other than when the patch is thrown up, or self-dispatch for a change.

alcahuete

Premium Subscriber
The input frequencies are exactly where you need to be. You're probably just not in simplex range of the officers. I catch them a lot using talkaround on the repeater outputs, and on the input frequencies as well, here in the Palmdale/Lancaster area.

KB7MIB

If you don't have one, put up an outside antenna. Use good quality low-loss coax between the antenna and the scanner(s). That will improve your reception range, and give you a better chance of hearing the deputies talking to the dispatchers.

John
Peoria, AZ

radiochuck

Traffic Reporter
Premium Subscriber
Drive up to a nearby mountain top and you should be good to do. Otherwise, probably not so much.

There was talk of putting those channels in permanent repeater mode in advance of the new P25 system coming online, but I guess they decided against that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PaulNDaOC

Putting up a good antenna won't improve your chances too much in most areas for this reason.

The quality of their commercial grade portable radios reception quality, when combined with multiple transmitter and even more receiver sites allows deputies to leave car radio on L-tac all the time and the portable on dispatch all the time.

Your area of reception of signals from a car to SCC is going to be limited.

Even SCC will have to have a lot of 10-9's because of this.

jrholm

Drive up to a nearby mountain top and you should be good to do. Otherwise, probably not so much.

There was talk of putting those channels in permanent repeater mode in advance of the new P25 system coming online, but I guess they decided against that.

every time they tried to put the entire system "on the patch" the system crashed

radiochuck

Traffic Reporter
Premium Subscriber
every time they tried to put the entire system "on the patch" the system crashed

That’s strange. I guess they’ll have to work that out, if they plan on patching the systems together during the changeover.

Status
Not open for further replies.