• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XPR 6550 Multiple Scan Lists?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiGiTaLD

I've got an XPR 6550, firmware version R01.11.10.

In the CPS, I have programmed three different scan lists.

The XPR 6550 user manual states that the radio can support up to 250 scan lists.

My question is how do you switch between programmed scan lists? I can't find a way to do it in the menu. My only options in the scan menu are to turn the scan on and view or edit the list that is currently selected. But I want to switch to one of the other two lists? How is this done?

I have every possible menu option enabled in the Menu portion of the CPS. What am I missing?

N1GTL

Database Admin
The scan list is assigned to a channel. You cannot just create scan lists and pick which one you want to use.

K2NEC

If you have channel 1 assigned to scan list 1 it will always scan list 1. If you switch to channel 5 and it is assigned to scan list 2 then it will automatically switch to scanning list 2. If you switch zones whatever channel you are on and whatever scan list is assigned for that channel will be scanned. As stated above, you cannot pick what scan list you want to scan you can only scan the current scan list.

DiGiTaLD

Thanks guys. I've got the same channels in multiple scan lists. It looks like I need to go into the individual channels and associate them to scan lists too. I'll try that.

kroorda

You can have multiple scan lists. However, when you program a channel, you select what (only one) scan list you want that channel to use.

You can not change scan lists for a channel without reprogramming the radio.

MFG_rrt

So I understand the replies, but I'm kind of stuck. Can you confirm if you are only allowed 1 scan list per Conventional Personality? I don't see anywhere in the Zone Channel Assignment where you can assign a Scan List. I only see the Scan List Selection in the Conventional Personality.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
So I understand the replies, but I'm kind of stuck. Can you confirm if you are only allowed 1 scan list per Conventional Personality? I don't see anywhere in the Zone Channel Assignment where you can assign a Scan List. I only see the Scan List Selection in the Conventional Personality.

We're discussing the XPR655[emoji646] which doesn't have conventional personalities or Zone Channel assignments.

If you're talking about a different model of radio, please start your own thread so people don't get confused.

Last edited:

kroorda

Mike is correct in that the XPR radios do not have 'conventional personalities.' However, channels are assigned to Zones. A Zone is a Group of Channels.

You can also create multiple 'Scan Lists'. Perhaps one Scan List might be a number of Police channels, while another Scan List might be a number of Fire channels.

When you program a CHANNEL, you choose what Scan List you want to scan if/when THAT CHANNEL is selected. You can also select 'Auto Scan' on a Channel so that Scanning (Z) will automatically be turned on whenever that Channel is selected. By doing so, scanning will automatically be turned on, to scan the selected Scan List that is assigned to that channel.
------
Are you using the radio as a 2-way radio, OR, are you using it as a 'scanner?' If you are only using it as a scanner, then, when you program a CHANNEL, program it to Receive (RX) only.

Status
Not open for further replies.