WS1065: Not showing Signal Strength Bars

Status
Not open for further replies.

ME343

ME/NH/VT DB Admin
Database Admin
Just got a WS1065 from the scratch and dent program. Programmed it via arc500.

When ever it stops on a channel I hear the channel fire but the display isn't showing the RSSI at all. I did a factory reset and when I did that it showed it but its not showing it when stuff is programed. I checked all the programming everything seems fine.

djeplett

LOL! I didn't even notice you were an admin.

Anyway, I have had signals break the squelch on my PSR-500 and PRO-106 that didn't register any bars but they are always noticeably scratchy. Do you have a nearby weather channel that you know should be strong that you can test it with?

ME343

ME/NH/VT DB Admin
Database Admin

Anyway, I have had signals break the squelch on my PSR-500 and PRO-106 that didn't register any bars but they are always noticeably scratchy. Do you have a nearby weather channel that you know should be strong that you can test it with?

I'm kinda in a hole for weather channels...they barely break squelch... I have pretty active local channels that i know are super strong signals and its not even showing up from them

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator

And yet he still hijacked and cross-posted. ;)

And FYI, database admins don't have the ability to move/approve/delete/censor (had to include that one) posts or threads. Unless they happen to be a forums moderator also.

ME343

ME/NH/VT DB Admin
Database Admin
lol. i didnt remove it i just started a new topic and i guess one of the mods took care of the other issue

djeplett

ME343, are you a ham or do you have an FRS radio that you could key up close by and see if the bars will register at all?

@KevinC... I see you are a "moderator--not censor". Is that a referee without a whistle? LOL

ME343

ME/NH/VT DB Admin
Database Admin
ME343, are you a ham or do you have an FRS radio that you could key up close by and see if the bars will register at all?

@KevinC... I see you are a "moderator--not censor". Is that a referee without a whistle? LOL

No and No. But it seems odd that itll show them without anything programmed after I did a factory reset. But once I program via ARC500 its gone

djeplett

When you go into the Expert Settings menu on the radio and you SELect to get to the RSSI values, what are they?

djeplett

WEIRD

I was sure ARC500 was setting them to something crazy but clearly it's not.

Maybe try a trial of WIN500 and see if you can download the program from the radio to your PC, reset your radio back, and then upload the program back with WIN500 instead. Only reason why I suggest this is because you said after a reset the radio bars were working.

Before you send the program back to the radio using WIN500 I would be curious to know what WIN500 says the bar values are, too.

ME343

ME/NH/VT DB Admin
Database Admin
welp i got it fixed. did a factory reset again and added a active CC to the scanner for my states system then i imported that into arc500 and got the rssi value from the scanner as if it was brand new and it seems the values are super low.
Those are the values as showing after factory reset. I set my file to that for my programming and now its showing up

ME343

ME/NH/VT DB Admin
Database Admin
thanks for posting that link. I ended up tweaking it a little bit by what was posted on that and its giving a more believable signal strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.