Icom: About the Icom IC-E90

Status
Not open for further replies.

panoulis

Hello guys, i recently got my hands on a Icom IC-E90 and i was wondering if this thing is capable of programming a Roger Beep or enabling it. I'm new to this radio so i'd like some help for this, i tried searching around the internet and stuff but i didn't find anything..

Thanks in advance,

Panoulis.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
My guess is that feature is not available on that radio. I think that the IC-E90 is the Euro version of the IC-T90, so you might look for T90 mods, too.

panoulis

My guess is that feature is not available on that radio. I think that the IC-E90 is the Euro version of the IC-T90, so you might look for T90 mods, too.

Yeah i'm not sure if there is a roger beep feature either..i got it like 3 days ago from a friend who didn't want it anymore and i kind of need it in order the dispatch knows who is transmitting on the frequency we're using. Does anyone else knows something about this? Maybe it could be done from PC Software ?

Thanks in advance!

cmdrwill

i kind of need it in order the dispatch knows who is transmitting on the frequency we're using. Does anyone else knows something about this? Maybe it could be done from PC Software ?

Can you explain this a bit more? A Roger beep is not going to identify any particular radio/user,.
Maybe you are confusing MDC or other signaling modes as a roger beep.

Last edited by a moderator:

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
i kind of need it in order the dispatch knows who is transmitting on the frequency we're using. Does anyone else knows something about this? Maybe it could be done from PC Software ?

Can you explain this a bit more? A Roger beep is not going to identify any particular radio/user,.

Even then, the E/T90 is a ham radio. It does not do any sort of Pre/Post PTT-ID

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

panoulis

Well what i mean is that if we all have different roger beeps we can identify who is talking and who is not so if my radio has a specific roger beep i can be "identified" by the operator who can hear my roger beep after releasing the PTT button so he knows that it's me talking and not someone else.

N4KVE

Well what i mean is that if we all have different roger beeps we can identify who is talking and who is not so if my radio has a specific roger beep i can be "identified" by the operator who can hear my roger beep after releasing the PTT button so he knows that it's me talking and not someone else.
He is definitely confusing the 2.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
The Icom IC-E90 (and T90 in the U.S.) is designed for the amateur radio market. It does not have a roger beep nor is it capable of MDC or any other signalling method often found in LMR radios.

It sounds like the OP is looking for LMR radio features and I think he should be looking for an LMR radio to serve his needs.

That said, I think we are done here. Topic closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.