Can anyone identify this radio?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillH1

Hello everyone, today I saw a picture in the local newspaper the clearly showed what kind of radio my local fd is using so I was curious if anybody could tell what kind of radio it is. I think it's a Kenwood but I'm not sure.

Attachments

• bridge_jumper_web_2.jpg
    bridge_jumper_web_2.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 905

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Most everything in my county is VHF conventional still in regards to public safety. Only one city in the county has moved over to type 2 smartnet many years ago, and just recently upgraded to P25 P2.

Why would an agency use XTS radios for solely analog conventional use? Maybe they are programmed with P-25 systems from neighboring jurisdictions if the agency shown in the photo uses only analog conventional?

ecps92

There are many agencies using the XTS Series in Conventional modes with NO TRS in the code plugs

The XTS is a fine Public Safety Radio and there are many agencies who don't have/need/want a TRS and use them in VHF, UHF and UHF-T as well as a few in 800 Mhz - All Conventional

Why would an agency use XTS radios for solely analog conventional use? Maybe they are programmed with P-25 systems from neighboring jurisdictions if the agency shown in the photo uses only analog conventional?

com501

There are many agencies using the XTS Series in Conventional modes with NO TRS in the code plugs

The XTS is a fine Public Safety Radio and there are many agencies who don't have/need/want a TRS and use them in VHF, UHF and UHF-T as well as a few in 800 Mhz - All Conventional

Grant money.

ResQguy

Meh
Premium Subscriber

There is a really large FD in the US that uses XTS radios in UHF analog conventional only... The nice thing about the Flashport system is that you only pay for the features you need. The XTS family is absolutely one of the best legacy portable radios and many will be in service long after support ends next year.

K2NEC

I probably don't need to say this :D but its a Motorola XTS5000 M2 VHF

Status
Not open for further replies.