Chester county fire/ems/sheriff/chester pd

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrat1234

I know chester pd and chester sheriff use the palmetto p25 system but I just seen a fire talk talkgroup added to chester county. I though that the chester county fire and ems use vhf. Are the switching to the palmetto p25 system.

sthreatt

I was doing a wild card scan the other night of the Lancaster tower looking for active user groups. I THOUGHT that I had struck on a group ID that was either Lancaster Sheriff or Lancaster PD. Turned out it was Chester PD on P25. I don't know yet why it was coming from the Lancaster tower on the Lancaster control channel frequency which is very different from the Chester control frequency, but it was. So I'm thinking the short answer is, yes .

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
I identified the Chester Co FD talkgroup. I heard two fire officials, who I assume were chiefs, discussing fire business on the channel a couple of weeks ago. Just because they have one talkgroup does not necessarily mean that they will switch all operations to Palmetto P25. In most cases, departments are given one or a handful of 800MHz radios for interoperability purposes, and I suspect those I heard were either testing the radios or just using it as a discreet channel. I have no reason to think that they will switch from VHF anytime soon.

I did hear some Union County Fire activity a couple of weeks ago that indicated they were testing 800MHz radios for wider use. They were using a Motorola Service talkgroup during a working fire and coordinating resources and tanker operations in the Lockhart area. Their conversation and subsequent range testing in areas of the county indicated they are considering a switch. They also indicated they were considering the Fleettalk/Rock Communications UHF NXDN system that Fairfield County is reportedly using now.

It's not uncommon for agencies to pay for their talkgroups to be carried on multiple tower sites to provide sufficient coverage in their service area. Perhaps Chester SD needs better coverage to the North and has arranged for radios to affiliate to the Lancaster County tower to provide that. As an example, Spartanburg County talkgroups are also carried on the Thicketty, Laurens, and Hogback sites.

800MHz commercial radios are generally also capable of 700MHz operation, and the Chester County radios have likely been programmed with the Lancaster site's control channels to also roaming.

mrat1234

how active is the chester county fire talkgroup

And does anybody have any info on the system fairfield county fire and ems use i cant find any on the county's radio refrence page.

Last edited by a moderator:

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
I can't reliably monitor the Chester site from my location, but I've only heard it active on the Union site a few times, with one extended conversations, over the last couple of weeks.

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=9178

This is the SC Fleettalk system that Fairfield County is reportedly using. No talkgroup information has been provided.

mrat1234

hi i have another question does anybody know how to do the hidden channel method for the motorola xts5000 because i use a xts5000 to scan the system

mrat1234

has anyone loged any more law enforcement talkgroups for chester county because a few days ago i heard a deputy say to dispatch that he and some other officers will be on channel 2 if they need him.

Status
Not open for further replies.