Bogus Basin LCNs

Status
Not open for further replies.

mountainrider

I ran LCN Finder for Bogus Basin. The results look different than what is in the database. See attached photo of Home Patrol screen.

Attachments

• BBLCN copy.jpg
    BBLCN copy.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 310

Michael-SATX

Put your Home Patrol in Extreme Discovery Mode !

I ran LCN Finder for Bogus Basin. The results look different than what is in the database. See attached photo of Home Patrol screen.

Now that you nailed down the LCN order do a Discovery session to firm up this TRS posted last year.
I would let the Discovery run capturing some week days including a weekend to discover any new TG's.
A good tip for your Discovery session would be select 600 sec (10-min max) compare to DB set to OFF !
I use Notepad while I review Discovery sessions to help nail down who what where and subjects to ID TG's.
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=9116

Yikes this vast LTR system was posted 10 years ago and no talkgroups have ever been posted ? Hmm?
After you revisit your BB Ski Resort you could keep that Home Patrol busy on this Intermountain Gas TRS.
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=5386

Wow take a look at these other tower radius licenses. It's a popular location - a regular antenna farm ;)
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?action=fccProx&lat=43.77156&lon=-116.08844&r=0.1

Also White Cloud Communications would just love you to employ your HP-2E and post their vast LTR systems !
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?fccCallsign=WPNP253

Yes John it looks like your the best man for the job and your HP-2E is the perfect tool to help you blaze the trail :)
My HP-1E's have not been off since I bought them - they work very hard and let me compress my monitoring time !

Last edited:

mountainrider

Now that you nailed down the LCN order do a Discovery session to firm up this TRS posted last year.
I would let the Discovery run capturing some week days including a weekend to discover any new TG's.
A good tip for your Discovery session would be select 600 sec (10-min max) compare to DB set to OFF !
I use Notepad while I review Discovery sessions to help nail down who what where and subjects to ID TG's.
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=9116

Yikes this vast LTR system was posted 10 years ago and no talkgroups have ever been posted ? Hmm?
After you revisit your BB Ski Resort you could keep that Home Patrol busy on this Intermountain Gas TRS.

Wow take a look at these other tower radius licenses. It's a popular location - a regular antenna farm ;)
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?action=fccProx&lat=43.77156&lon=-116.08844&r=0.1

Also White Cloud Communications would just love you to employ your HP-2E and post their vast LTR systems !
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?fccCallsign=WPNP253

Yes John it looks like your the best man for the job and your HP-2E is the perfect tool to help you blaze the trail :)
My HP-1E's have not been off since I bought them - they work very hard and let me compress my monitoring time !

When I try Trunking Discovery mode Bogus Basin does not appear; it only shows up in Trunked System Analyzer mode, what's with that?

I have many new TG's for ICAWIN, but how to identify the services?

mountainrider

No can do:

Intermountain Gas does not appear as a selectable system in either Trunking Analysis or Discovery. Don't know why.

Michael-SATX

Check Your Select Service Types to enable Ski Resort

When I try Trunking Discovery mode Bogus Basin does not appear; it only shows up in Trunked System Analyzer mode, what's with that?

I have many new TG's for ICAWIN, but how to identify the services?
Take notes on ICAWIN ;)

John from the Menu - Tap "Select Service Types" - then the "Business" service has to be enabled
as well as a local area ZIP code and enough Range setting or your HP-2E won't know to load up your
intended system so that you can even select it to conduct Discovery sessions to snag some new TG's.

Ski Resort Talkgroups
0-01-100 A Maintenance - Maintenance Business
0-07-100 A Ski Patrol - Ski Patrol Business

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mountainrider;2846039 Intermountain Gas does not appear as a selectable system in either Trunking Analysis or Discovery. Don't know why. [/QUOTE said:
John the Intermountain Gas LTR Network had it's first few sites added to the RRDB back in 2007.
Later in 2013 your trusty RRDB Admin username thewenk updated just the sites and freq information.
Who knows why the submitter would take the time and interest to go that far and yet not ID any TG's ?
It is also suspicious that all the LTR LCNs are in perfect order like some well meaning person just did a
"Blind Submit" post just using the FCC License site Data and guessed not having boots on the ground.
It happens here in San Antonio that someone does a blind submit and someone else ID's & mops up after!
But now you come along and have an HP-2E that is the best tool of choice to ID and complete the task.
Just try an imagine the old fashion way of having to listen and take notes in real time to even hope to ID ;(
Most scanner hobbyist would find that impractical and to time consuming yet most don't own an HP-2E.
However, presently there are no posted TG's which is why you can't select it from the Full Database list.
Maybe this 12 site LTR network now lays dormant due to being taken down or migrated to Digital DMR ?

If you want to move forward and take a crack at validating and filling out this network so other may enjoy.
You have 2 choices. You could blind submit a dummy test talkgroup and wait for it to get posted to the DB
so that presto all 12 sites are visible in the HP's Full Database or create a favorites list and enter the data.
An example test dummy TG you might submit: TG# 0-01-001 A Gas Ops - Gas Operations - Business
It can be simply deleted once at least 1 valid TG is logged. It's only to help a new user such as yourself.
Under normal circumstances one does not submit un-verified info but MOST NOT ALL will see the reason.
Before anybody objects think that if anyone actually cared this system would be updated a long time ago!
It's either the practical harmless way or you my good man can just roll up your sleeves and go to work
hand entering this entire potential 12 site system into a favorites list so that you can even do a Discovery.
Before I painfully list all the steps to build out a favorites list I will stop here for now to gauge your interest.

Finally, as far as the 3rd party 2-way radio provider White Cloud Communications LTR system Discovery
that WILL require you to tap Menu/Advanced Menu/Advanced Option/Edit Favorites List/Create New List/
Intermountain Gas Co/Create New System/LTR/Intermountain Gas Co/Yes/Edit Site Options/ID Search On
/<back/Edit Site/Create New Site/Enter Site Name Boise/Ada (note what ever is the closest to you, etc)/
Modulation et to FM/Enter Frequency/Create New Frequency/Input 859.3625/Input LCN of 1 to start off/
New Frequency/Input 860.3875/Input LCN of 2/Accept/Back/Back/LCN Finder/wait to see possible results.
I need to leave it here for now ~ Good luck - now go act cool and submit that test TG and wait for it to post!

mountainrider

Take notes on ICAWIN ;)

John from the Menu - Tap "Select Service Types" - then the "Business" service has to be enabled
as well as a local area ZIP code and enough Range setting or your HP-2E won't know to load up your
intended system so that you can even select it to conduct Discovery sessions to snag some new TG's.

Ski Resort Talkgroups

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John the Intermountain Gas LTR Network had it's first few sites added to the RRDB back in 2007.
Later in 2013 your trusty RRDB Admin username thewenk updated just the sites and freq information.
Who knows why the submitter would take the time and interest to go that far and yet not ID any TG's ?
It is also suspicious that all the LTR LCNs are in perfect order like some well meaning person just did a
"Blind Submit" post just using the FCC License site Data and guessed not having boots on the ground.
It happens here in San Antonio that someone does a blind submit and someone else ID's & mops up after!
But now you come along and have an HP-2E that is the best tool of choice to ID and complete the task.
Just try an imagine the old fashion way of having to listen and take notes in real time to even hope to ID ;(
Most scanner hobbyist would find that impractical and to time consuming yet most don't own an HP-2E.
However, presently there are no posted TG's which is why you can't select it from the Full Database list.
Maybe this 12 site LTR network now lays dormant due to being taken down or migrated to Digital DMR ?

If you want to move forward and take a crack at validating and filling out this network so other may enjoy.
You have 2 choices. You could blind submit a dummy test talkgroup and wait for it to get posted to the DB
so that presto all 12 sites are visible in the HP's Full Database or create a favorites list and enter the data.
An example test dummy TG you might submit: TG# 0-01-001 A Gas Ops - Gas Operations - Business
It can be simply deleted once at least 1 valid TG is logged. It's only to help a new user such as yourself.

I have had such a favorites list but didn't know about creating a dummy TG, thanks for that.

So I did that and let the scanner search for a couple days, using Boise site which has only two LCNs. Two days of crickets, then I flipped the order of the LCN's, two more days, more crickets. So out of ideas for Intermountain Gas.

Michael-SATX

Next step wait for the &quot;Test Dummy&quot; to post ~ wink :)

I have had such a favorites list but didn't know about creating a dummy TG, thanks for that.

So I did that and let the scanner search for a couple days, using Boise site which has only two LCNs. Two days of crickets, then I flipped the order of the LCN's, two more days, more crickets. So out of ideas for Intermountain Gas.

1) Oh some GREat sumaritan told me that the prescribed "Test Dummy" TG will post soon to help ID TRS
and thus NOT have to create 12 diff sites in a favorites list. Darn that could have been done a week ago.

2) OK if Site#12 Boise/Ada County was dead then try Site#1 Garden City/Boise County
or whatever other sites you think you might have a chance of decoding where you live ?
Again, punch up each freq to listen whether they might have been migrated to DMR digital ?
Here is the link below the to IMG FCC license so you can logically manually check for any active freqs.
Intermountain Gas Company: https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?fccCallsign=WPHM993
LQQking at the license for Boise County I would manually try 856.3875 and 857.3875 ? They're 90 watts !
Listen for any LTR Standard data bursts approx every 8 seconds or LTR Passport bursts every 2 seconds.
Ha watch it turn out to be an LTR Passport Network which would help explain LCN/Finder not decoding
these LCN's and no TG's posted in the last 10 years. Most can't decode Passport but it can be learned.
But wait there's more and the plot thickens as it appears that this supposed Intermountain Gas Company
is actually a 2-way radio provider since 1971 with 2 locations. Intermountain Communications Motorola Two Way Radio Dealer Mountain Home Idaho
INTERMOUNTAIN COMMUNICATIONS OF SOUTHERN IDAHO INC might have or had a utility gas
company as a talkgroup / customer and thus the original 10 year old poster got only a partial picture ?
I see a few 2002/2003 UHF canceled licenses and as well as many current UHF and 800 Mhz licenses.
After browsing this companys website it sways me against thinking these are or were LTR Analog freqs
I'll bet being a big Motorola Channel dealer one will most likely find newer digital networks await discovery.

001 (1) Garden City Boise 01 856.3875 02 857.3875 03 858.3875 04 859.3875 05 860.3875
002 (2) Mountain Home Elmore 01 854.9125 02 855.9125
003 (3) Burley Cassia 01 855.5125 02 858.3625 03 860.4125
004 (4) Atomic City Bingham 01 854.9125 02 855.9125 03 859.3625
005 (5) Pocatello Bannock 01 856.4125 02 859.3875 03 860.3875
006 (6) Soda Springs Bear Lake 01 858.3875
007 (7) Sun Valley Blaine 01 859.3875 02 860.3875
008 (8) Lava Hot Springs Bannock 01 860.4125
009 (9) Hailey Blaine 01 856.4125 02 860.6125
010 (A) Payette Payette 01 856.4125 02 860.4125
011 (B) Rexburg Madison 01 856.3875
012 (C) Boise Ada 01 859.3625 02 860.3875

3) Mountainrider, did you ever enable your "Business" type service so you could monitor the Ski Resort ?
4) Using a valuable feature in the Extreme Update - Do a fresh Discovery record to update/snag more TG's

Ski Resort Talkgroups

5) Hello safetypro79 did you ever expand your horizons by purchasing your HP-2's $50 Extreme Upgrade?
Perhaps Scanner Santa will bestow that on you for Christmas ;) I promise you that it will be well worth it !

Well at least we know that there at least 2 or more RR members in Idaho to help tackle the airwaves :)

Last edited:

safetypro79

Scanning since 1967
Premium Subscriber
Anchorage-Alaska, Boise-Idaho, Salem-Oregon
Might do the upgrade

Today or next week

As mentioned I normally monitor FD and some LE no utilities or PW or private networks other than what the HP-2 is capable of monitoring plus some are the various new digital formats unmonitorable for now. Plus probably pretty much ho hum traffic other than an occasional event.

mountainrider

1) Oh some GREat sumaritan told me that the prescribed "Test Dummy" TG will post soon to help ID TRS
and thus NOT have to create 12 diff sites in a favorites list. Darn that could have been done a week ago.

2) OK if Site#12 Boise/Ada County was dead then try Site#1 Garden City/Boise County
or whatever other sites you think you might have a chance of decoding where you live ?
Again, punch up each freq to listen whether they might have been migrated to DMR digital ?
Here is the link below the to IMG FCC license so you can logically manually check for any active freqs.
Intermountain Gas Company: https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?fccCallsign=WPHM993
LQQking at the license for Boise County I would manually try 856.3875 and 857.3875 ? They're 90 watts !
Listen for any LTR Standard data bursts approx every 8 seconds or LTR Passport bursts every 2 seconds.
Ha watch it turn out to be an LTR Passport Network which would help explain LCN/Finder not decoding
these LCN's and no TG's posted in the last 10 years. Most can't decode Passport but it can be learned.
But wait there's more and the plot thickens as it appears that this supposed Intermountain Gas Company
is actually a 2-way radio provider since 1971 with 2 locations. Intermountain Communications Motorola Two Way Radio Dealer Mountain Home Idaho
INTERMOUNTAIN COMMUNICATIONS OF SOUTHERN IDAHO INC might have or had a utility gas
company as a talkgroup / customer and thus the original 10 year old poster got only a partial picture ?
I see a few 2002/2003 UHF canceled licenses and as well as many current UHF and 800 Mhz licenses.
After browsing this companys website it sways me against thinking these are or were LTR Analog freqs
I'll bet being a big Motorola Channel dealer one will most likely find newer digital networks await discovery.

001 (1) Garden City Boise 01 856.3875 02 857.3875 03 858.3875 04 859.3875 05 860.3875
002 (2) Mountain Home Elmore 01 854.9125 02 855.9125
003 (3) Burley Cassia 01 855.5125 02 858.3625 03 860.4125
004 (4) Atomic City Bingham 01 854.9125 02 855.9125 03 859.3625
005 (5) Pocatello Bannock 01 856.4125 02 859.3875 03 860.3875
006 (6) Soda Springs Bear Lake 01 858.3875
007 (7) Sun Valley Blaine 01 859.3875 02 860.3875
008 (8) Lava Hot Springs Bannock 01 860.4125
009 (9) Hailey Blaine 01 856.4125 02 860.6125
010 (A) Payette Payette 01 856.4125 02 860.4125
011 (B) Rexburg Madison 01 856.3875
012 (C) Boise Ada 01 859.3625 02 860.3875

3) Mountainrider, did you ever enable your "Business" type service so you could monitor the Ski Resort ?
4) Using a valuable feature in the Extreme Update - Do a fresh Discovery record to update/snag more TG's

Ski Resort Talkgroups

5) Hello safetypro79 did you ever expand your horizons by purchasing your HP-2's $50 Extreme Upgrade?
Perhaps Scanner Santa will bestow that on you for Christmas ;) I promise you that it will be well worth it !

Well at least we know that there at least 2 or more RR members in Idaho to help tackle the airwaves :)

Yep, I heard the Ski Area before the last update but not since.

Yep I'm trying to figure out the Wiki now to post the 24 unknown TG's for Gem Communications and 9 for ICAWIN that I've been sitting on for awhile now.

Thanks!

thewenk

Idaho DB Admin
Database Admin
[QUOTE=mountainrider;2849153

Yep I'm trying to figure out the Wiki now to post the 24 unknown TG's for Gem Communications and 9 for ICAWIN that I've been sitting on for awhile now.Thanks![/QUOTE

For both ICAWIN and Gem Comm. you could also post the unknown TGs to this forum and see if anyone can help with the identification process.

Also, if you haven't heard the Ski Area (Bogus Basin) since the last change the LCNs may have to be changed back to the original numbers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.