WFU Bapist Aircare UID question

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCFireman11

Premium Subscriber
I'm hoping someone can explain this to me. For the past several months I've monitored Baptist Aircare 1 & Aircare 3 helicopters using the same UID number (UID #2076570). At first I thought it was a spare or reserve helicopter used by both Aircare 1 & 3. Recently, I've heard both Aircare 1 & 3 speaking to Baptist Air Comm within 20 minutes of each other and each time the same number popped up. Was this a simple programming error using the same UID or something else going on? I would think the Viper Techs would not allow you to use the same radio ID for two different radios

reconrider8

From my understanding the same rid is a console id which is like a patch from the chameck system over to viper. East care is the same way with 12 and 4 I believe all being on the same id but they are actually patched over from the vident system

NCFireman11

Premium Subscriber
From my understanding the same rid is a console id which is like a patch from the chameck system over to viper. East care is the same way with 12 and 4 I believe all being on the same id but they are actually patched over from the vident system

I'm not sure that I'm following. Aircare doesn't patch from Viper to another trunked system and a separate UID will display when Air Comm acknowledges the helicopters. This occurs only for Aircare 1 & 3 but not Aircare 2.

WA4MJF

I remember that Wake County left VIPER because getting an VIPER ID number for a radio was
like pulling hens' teeth. I was going to have to get same number for mobile and portable,
but Wake decided to go with Cary and now there are beau coup numbers. If the choppers
are on VIPER that may be how they get enough numbers, using more than one chopper per number.

Status
Not open for further replies.