406.1375 DMR tamap bay? postal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

radioman2008

Batlabs user Wazzzzzzzzup (2001-Present)
Premium Subscriber
i was reviewing my discovery audio this afternoon from the last 24 hours. i recorded some DMR activity on 406.1375 CC 1 DMR. the audio appears to mostly be from the overnight and its not all easy to hear but some words i can hear talk about supervisors, slots, docks, and orlando mail.

could this possibly be Tampa airport USPS distribution center? or maybe orlando USPS distribution center?

this is the first time i have decoded this frequency activity.

i did a florida fcc search of the frequency and did not get any hits.

any ideas?

CORN

Premium Subscriber
I can’t say which location it is but I think you’re correct in that its a postal frequency. The main post office here is in the 406 range and it’s DMR.

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
Can you get a slot and talkgroup info? I will program my TRBO radio when I go to airport on Sunday. TT

radioman2008

Batlabs user Wazzzzzzzzup (2001-Present)
Premium Subscriber
i am in northwest tampa bay, about 25 miles from the airport northwest

as for the timeslot and talkgroup, i have only been able to use that feature when i look directly at the scanner, i dont know how to log that info automatically, discovery mode only logs the CC in conventional DMR mode. i have 5 uniden 436/536 scanners running 24/7 discovery mode on all things Tampa bay, thats the
primary way i use the scanners. i have also figured out what to modify the summary file to extend the 600 second limit to a discovery mode channel to 9999, which is about 90 minutes per frequency or Talkgroup on a system.

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
I also agree that it's a postal freq. The Port Ybor DC uses the same freq but they're still on analog using D371. I'll tune into it again on the way home around the airport and see what happens.

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
406.1375 is definitely USPS at Tampa International Airport.

DMR Color Code 1
TG 2
UIDs 11017, 11069 (was able to google this employee's name and verified that he is a USPS employee)
Slots 1 & 2

CanesFan95

Good job! I need to search more often down in that range. So they're using TG 2 on both slots 1 and 2?

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
I reviewed the recording again and TG 1 showed up as well (in the same conversation). And yes, both slots. Guess this means it's conventional DMR? I'm not totally fluent in DMR yet. Net and Site were both 0 [zero].

CanesFan95

I can hear a lot of other airport DMR stuff but not a peep on this one. Either it's a dead frequency or I'm outta range. I wanna run DSD+ Fast Lane on this puppy but no one will key up and talk already.

CORN

Premium Subscriber
CORN......the post office here in tampa? or nashville where your info references?

I was just concurring that it (the Tampa location) prob was a postal frequency since the main post office up here in Nashville is using DMR in that same frequency range.

Status
Not open for further replies.