RS PRO-106 repair/troubleshoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

K6ARL

Hello,

My PRO-106, purchased from RS in 2011, ceased to operate two years ago. I recently pulled it out of its box to figure out what is going on. Here are the symptoms:

--No audio on any frequency, despite squelch gate being open and signal indicators showing.
--Indicator LED doesn't activate even though the squelch indicator is showing (I've checked the settings and the LED indicator is turned on)
--Radio does not scan when in "scan" mode, just sits on a single object
--Reset to factory defaults did not resolve the issue

The microphone still beeps for keypad entries, so that's not the issue...Any thoughts?

I've reached out to Whistler but they don't service the PRO-106. Does anyone have a scanner repair service they could recommend to me? Thank you in advance for any help!

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Hello,

My PRO-106, purchased from RS in 2011, ceased to operate two years ago. I recently pulled it out of its box to figure out what is going on. Here are the symptoms:

--No audio on any frequency, despite squelch gate being open and signal indicators showing.
--Indicator LED doesn't activate even though the squelch indicator is showing (I've checked the settings and the LED indicator is turned on)

The microphone still beeps for keypad entries, so that's not the issue...Any thoughts?

I've reached out to Whistler but they don't service the PRO-106. Does anyone have a scanner repair service they could recommend to me? Thank you in advance for any help!
I have not used this company as yet, but others have & feedback has been generally very positive:
G & G Communications

GeneseeCoMI

Hello,

Scanners don't have microphones, they have speakers.

Anyways, just get a new scanner. Probably not worth the money to fix it.

6Paul21

Premium Subscriber
G & G is great. He is very busy so it might take some time. Well worth the wait.

Engine104

Member since 2005
If not for the fact that you say it stays on one object, I'd suspect checking the back of the antenna connector to be sure it is still attached to the circuit board. That's been known to happen on many scanners. The staying on one object thing seems to indicate it could be something else, but it is worth checking.

Status
Not open for further replies.