Milair comms...repeated word

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moose

Does anyone else monitoring military aircraft ever hear a word repeated twice? It's not being repeated twice by the talker but possibly by some reception phenomenon. Oftentimes it sounds like it's the last word of a sentence.

db_gain

I hear something like this during air refuels often enough. The boom operator will say "up four", and the guy piloting the ac being fueled will say "up", "four" or just key the mic.

Moose

I hear something like this during air refuels often enough. The boom operator will say "up four", and the guy piloting the ac being fueled will say "up", "four" or just key the mic.

Not that scenario. It's always the same voice and the last word gets repeated, almost as if it was being received by my scanner a fraction of a second later. I'll try and attach a sound file to this thread if I don't hear any more possibilities. Thanks

db_gain

If this is on hf, specifically hfgcs, that is about normal. Not only are there delayed echoes from long path around the world propagat6ion paths that can create echo effects, there's also the remote stations transmitting the same message but as they're at different locations they have different telephone input and propagation delays, all contributing to an echo effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.