Map Overlay on Virtual Radar Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Want to add a VFR Sectional map onto your VRS view? I figured it out today. First go here https://github.com/ProHill/VRS-Charts click on download, after that unzip and save to a folder. Rememeber the folder. Before we begin make sure you have the plugin "Custom Content" for VRS. Download it from the home page from VRS. Ok, time to configure the custom content. Open vrs tools, open plugins, open custom content options. Click new click the grey box right side of insert to html and navigate to that folder you unzipped. Click headeradd.html click open. Ok good one line done. Next line click new click map toolbar.html. Click open. Change the gray box to body not head (drop down menu). Ok two down lets go to the third line. Click new click custom-map.js click open, also change from head to body. One more line click new click toolbar-mobile.html click open and also change head to body. Ok almost there. Check the box for address enter this value /desktop.html (default is /index.html). Restart VRS On the right top corner you will have a new looking box click it and the options for VFR/IFR/Google are there try them out. I personally like the VFR Sectional for my area. Enjoy!!

BigC801

Want to add a VFR Sectional map onto your VRS view? I figured it out today. First go here https://github.com/ProHill/VRS-Charts click on download, after that unzip and save to a folder. Rememeber the folder. Before we begin make sure you have the plugin "Custom Content" for VRS. Download it from the home page from VRS. Ok, time to configure the custom content. Open vrs tools, open plugins, open custom content options. Click new click the grey box right side of insert to html and navigate to that folder you unzipped. Click headeradd.html click open. Ok good one line done. Next line click new click map toolbar.html. Click open. Change the gray box to body not head (drop down menu). Ok two down lets go to the third line. Click new click custom-map.js click open, also change from head to body. One more line click new click toolbar-mobile.html click open and also change head to body. Ok almost there. Check the box for address enter this value /desktop.html (default is /index.html). Restart VRS On the right top corner you will have a new looking box click it and the options for VFR/IFR/Google are there try them out. I personally like the VFR Sectional for my area. Enjoy!!

that works great... thanks for the info, do you know if there is a way to change the plane color, its hard to see the white outlines in the VFR map.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Change Plane Color

Sorry no info for that I checked the VRS Forums. Was asked about in 2014 but no new updates.

W9BQO

Overlays

The configuration shown is not working for some reason. I've got the drop-down toolbar in the upper left but no overlays when I select any option.

Any ideas what may be the issue?

W9BQO

Thanks for the info. I discovered my issue with the sectional overlays.... I didn't change the map provider. The VFR and IFR options are functioning correctly but Google options display for "developmental purposes only".

Status
Not open for further replies.