• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

VHF Quantar issue. Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

emtunderwood

I have a motorola quantar VHF 125W currently set at 90W and is functioning well. We are not using a duplexer at this time. The transmit is wonderful and has excellent range. However, the problem is our receive. With portable radios we may have 2-3 miles of range and then we can only hear the portables key up and no audio. With high power mobiles we have audio but is very weak and distant sounding. I get no alarms or abnormal warnings or errors in the log.. Is there a simple solution to this? Or is something fried? Also, we have swept the antennas and show no errors at all and only very minimal loss on the tx and rx antennas. Anyone have a solution?

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
Desense??? What is the separation between the TX and RX antenns?

RBMTS

You need to install some cavity filters into your system. KevinC said it all - desense! Here is a simple test: shut down the transmitter and listen to the input frequency on the Quantar for the portables and mobiles. You will hear them loud and clear. The TX is knocking out your RX with the antennas that close.

Last edited:

emtunderwood

Duplexers will be installed on monday. they had to be removed due to space and re-tuning issues. We couldn't knock the FD out completely. and our old site we have landowner issues and cannot reaccess the site only to remove the equipment.

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
Duplexers will be installed on monday. they had to be removed due to space and re-tuning issues. We couldn't knock the FD out completely. and our old site we have landowner issues and cannot reaccess the site only to remove the equipment.

Time to find a new home for the repeater....

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
You will never get it to work properly with out a crap load of filtering having the antennas horizontally 12’ apart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
You will never get it to work properly with out a crap load of filtering having the antennas horizontally 12’ apart.

You need to take a look at this page on RepeaterBuilder.com:

Isolation between the repeater receiver and RF sources

This is a good 18 minutes of ones life for learning about isolation.

*Warning, 1991 era video but still relevant *
[youtube]j8QpV5ThCDY[/youtube]

Status
Not open for further replies.