BCD536HP question

Status
Not open for further replies.

boxcom

Feed Provider
Hey gang, I'm at an absolute loss here. I am having issues finding a Trunk system on my 536HP. I have programmed it to go into my favorites list called "Northern NJ Fire" In this favorite list, I further broke everything down by County. I have the conventional and trunked systems within a county in the same system. Thus, Bergen County (Conventional) is System 00. Bergen County Trunking I have also listed as System 00. The scanner shows them in the scanner just fine. The same holds true for all the conventional and trunk systems I have for Essex & Union Counties. Here is the issue. I tried to do the same thing for Morris County in System 06 (conventional and Trunk). My scanner shows the conventional system and scans it, but the Trunk system is no where to be found ANYWHERE in the scanner. I've reprogrammed the scanner numerous times. I've deleted the Morris County Trunk data file in Sentinel and re-entered the Trunking info for Morris County, figuring the file was bad. Nothing. I made sure all the Quick Key info was programmed the same way for the other trunking systems. This damn data file just won't show up on the scanner. Hell, I even added Middlesex County trunking system and the scanner had no problems and shows it as in the scanner. Any ideas? I've been racking my head for 2 full days.

troymail

Silent Key
Location could be a problem depending on (a) if it is turned on in the favorites list and (b) your location (or what your radio thinks your location is) and/or (c) your range setting.

After that ....

Do you have any other favorites lists?

Are they loaded on the scanner?

If so, do they have any quick keys assigned?

Do any FL on the scanner have favorites list quick keys (FLQK) or are QKs only assigned to the systems? Sites?

boxcom

Feed Provider
I've entered the lats and longs and range for that trunking system, and ensured everything is the same except the Quick Key. Still not showing up on the scanner. I have all the Favorites on as well just in case it may be in a different favorite list.

troymail

Silent Key
I've entered the lats and longs and range for that trunking system, and ensured everything is the same except the Quick Key. Still not showing up on the scanner. I have all the Favorites on as well just in case it may be in a different favorite list.

I'm not clear on what this means...

I've entered the lats and longs and range for that trunking system, and ensured everything is the same​

For the favorites list in question, did you specifically enable Location Control? If not, there is no need to consider any location information as a potential problem.

Quick keys can bite you -- particularly if you have more than one favorites list and/or you aren't using quick keys consistently across your favorites lists.

If you are using (have installed on the scanner) multiple favorites lists and are using system quick keys in at least one of them, I'm hoping you have quick keys assigned to the favorites lists themselves as well.

Sorry - it's hard to visualize what your configuration looks like.

AuntEnvy

Premium Subscriber
So are you actually hearing anything? Is this a mobile or base setup? Are you using GPS?

I don't know how familiar with the program you are but you have to make sure the download option and the monitor select are on for each system you want to listen to. For some reason it doesn't seem to be the default setting. At least that was my experience. I had the same problem trying to figure out why nothing was loading into the scanner and finally realized why after an hour or so. Then you have to assign the FL number.

Hopefully that helps.

boxcom

Feed Provider
Just a follow up, I'm definitely doing something wrong, programming wise. When I click on Menu and scroll to Manage Favorites and select Northern NJ Fire, Review/Edit System, and scroll, the Morris County Trunk system appears. BUT, when in scan, It does not show up. Now, if I'm out of range, it will still try to scan it. I'm not even getting that.

troymail

Silent Key
If we're going to be able to help, we need more information --

... starting specifically with -

did you enable Location Control on the favorites list that has the problem

and

what if any location setting method are you using? GPS? Entering a zip code? Other?

boxcom

Feed Provider
No on the location control. None of my other trunk or conventional systems, including P25 have it on and they work fine.

troymail

Silent Key
No on the location control. None of my other trunk or conventional systems, including P25 have it on and they work fine.

Ok -- so location, lat/lon, etc. - none of that matters at this point then.

Most likely you have some type of conflict in quick keys across multiple favorites lists.

Assuming this is all being programmed using Sentinel----

If you have multiple favorites lists loaded, I recommend ensuring you have a unique favorites list quick key (FLQK) assigned to each one.

Then, go into each favorites list, click on the system quick key status tab, right click on the top of the screen (System Quick Key Status in Favorites List) and enable all systems.

Save everything in Sentinel.

Then, go to the Profile Editor in Sentinel and verify which FL you have enabled for Download and Monitoring (I usually set them all to off and then select each I want to monitor and enable them).

Exit the Profile Editor and make sure everything is saved again.

Next - push the changes to the SD card/radio - and check "Erase Favorites List On Scanner" to ensure you will only have these clean FLs on the card.

boxcom

Feed Provider
Ok -- so location, lat/lon, etc. - none of that matters at this point then.

Most likely you have some type of conflict in quick keys across multiple favorites lists.

Assuming this is all being programmed using Sentinel----

If you have multiple favorites lists loaded, I recommend ensuring you have a unique favorites list quick key (FLQK) assigned to each one.

Then, go into each favorites list, click on the system quick key status tab, right click on the top of the screen (System Quick Key Status in Favorites List) and enable all systems.

Save everything in Sentinel.

Then, go to the Profile Editor in Sentinel and verify which FL you have enabled for Download and Monitoring (I usually set them all to off and then select each I want to monitor and enable them).

Exit the Profile Editor and make sure everything is saved again.

Next - push the changes to the SD card/radio - and check "Erase Favorites List On Scanner" to ensure you will only have these clean FLs on the card.

Yup, did that multiple times. Still not being scanned.

boxcom

Feed Provider
Hey gang, thanks you all for your assistance. When all else failed, I took out the SD card and put it back in. Seems to see it now. What a Pain in the @$$ that was.

Status
Not open for further replies.