• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

APX8000, Who Has One?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanningisfun

Anyone here who has an APX8000 is welcome to show it off. Unfortuanately I’m not able to afford it right now, and even I could I wouldn’t buy one. Realistically I’d only go for a 6000 or a 7000. That doesn’t stop me from admiring the beauty of the APX8000. :p

zacabo

Here's my APX 8000

Attachments

• IMG_8403.jpg
    IMG_8403.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 1,822
  • IMG_8407.jpg
    IMG_8407.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 1,806
  • IMG_8416.jpg
    IMG_8416.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 1,783
  • IMG_8402.jpg
    IMG_8402.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 2,138

scanningisfun

Awesome! I definitely wish I had one, my XTSs are okay for now though. One day though I may get one!

Jacob

K2NEC

Man that looks awesome! I am really jealous of those APX radio's many of my friends have one and they say that they are great. Maybe when I win the lottery haha

ME801

I have an 8000XE, my pictures don't look anywhere near that good. I like it, but the XTS's are still great radios, and the TXS's have twice the battery life of the 8KXE.

CanesFan95

These APXs are always confusing to look at. Exactly where is the speaker on those things?

KK4ELO

Display on the front, speaker on the back, mic on both sides. (if I remember correctly)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

N4KVE

Display on the front, speaker on the back, mic on both sides. (if I remember correctly)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Actually, with the PTT on the left like EVERY Motorola radio ever made, the speaker is on the front of the radio, while the display, & TTP buttons are on the back.

K2NEC

Actually, with the PTT on the left like EVERY Motorola radio ever made, the speaker is on the front of the radio, while the display, & TTP buttons are on the back.
Correct

KC2ZHY

Feed Provider
I have one as well and I love it. Though I wish I could figure out how to program the systems I have no need to affiliate with as if it were a scanner. Cannot really find the resources that would help me with that.

Mr_Boh

Have 6000, 7000, and 8000. 8000 is nice because it's the same form factor as the 6000 so pretty much what works for the 6 works for the 8. But there are a couple nice things with the 7000 that are lost going to the 8000 because of form factor. The screen is smaller than the 7000 which is a trade off for the form factor and for the same reason you loose the speaker that is on the screen side of the 7000. I have an audio profile on my 7000 that only does audio on the screen side which is perfect for quiet environments like offices. I haven't really done too much testing on this yet, but the 8000 does do multi-system scanning a lot better. It still isn't as fast switching between systems as a scanner but it feels better and handling multiple systems than the 7000.

zacabo

This is a radio from work. My personal radio is an APX 7000 UHF/800 and VHF/800

ChrisE_STB

CA Database Admin
Database Admin
APX8000_zpshwmal3jb.jpg

ResQguy

Meh
Premium Subscriber
Pretty much

Attachments

• File Dec 11, 17 06 37.jpg