BCD396XT/BCD996XT: BCD996XT wont stop on frequencys

Status
Not open for further replies.

boatanchors

I have a BCD996xt that I have been using for some time, I noticed if I go into the menu and scroll down to (Search For) and then scroll to ( Custom Search) just to make the description easy to follow, I programmed my low limit to 162.400 & High Limit 162.600 in and then clicked Custom Search and it just keeps searching and never stop's, I click the hold button and I can scroll thru the weather channels in the limit search and I pick up about 5 different weather stations that are very strong a few full scale on the S-meter., My Antenna is 40 foot in the air with new LMR-400, I repeated the search in the 850mhz range with a Low & High Limit and still the same results, I made sure my squelch level was set correctly and also the mode was set correctly, like FM for the weather and NfM for the 850mhz.. I made a video and posted to my youtube if you could take a look you can see the problem I am having, and Help would be greatly appreciate, I spoke with the techs at Uniden and they haven't a clue nor does there Engineer's..Any Help would be greatly appreciate, I might ad that everything I program in to memory with all the TGID all works great as it should... here is the You tube link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2lRRf27Bhg

kma371

QRT
Video was 10 mins, had to skim through it. Was level is your squelch set at? Try low number like 1 or 2 if you haven't already.

boatanchors

Hello Kma371

Yes the squelch is set to 01, and no matter where I have the squelch set it has no affect but In the video I do have the squelch set to 1...

boatanchors

Hey Troy
Troy already have it and have been completely thru it, Its pretty bad when the Uniden Engineers don't even have a clue as to what's wrong...

boatanchors

KA3AAA
I am aware what in the 162mhz range, My point being is the Scanner when searching wont stop on any of the weather channels not even the one that's only 12 miles from my home that Is the one i receive at almost 30 over S 9 on my 2m all mode rig.. The scanner has a problem, That's why I made the video so people could see the problem first hand.. Thanks

Last edited:

boatanchors

Yeah sure would of been nice if it had been that easy of a fix for sure. Thank you though for suggesting that, Sometimes the obvious is right in front of us an we over look it...

troymail

Silent Key
The video seems to show "SCR" is active....

From the manual:

SCR appears if one or more broadcast/custom screen bands are turned on in Search/Receiving Modes.

What broadcast screens are active?

boatanchors

They never walked me thru it, I did a full factory reset myself and no it didn't change anything, They also asked me about doing it so to humor them I let him walk me thru it again but to no avail... The Tech said he was going to get with there Engineer on the problem but it appears it has them at a loss as well.. Its weird because all the Marcs TGID and Truck Freq's I program in all work great, its only when I do a custom search or quick search, And also I have noticed that when I key up my hand held here the close call never picks it up either...

Last edited:

boatanchors

You right, and that video I took was before I did the factory reset, I should upload a new one because the SCR is no longer on the screen now... Good Catch

boatanchors

Troy I just took another video, with the Broadcast Screen All Bands On and All Bands Off and no difference I am getting ready to upload it now.. Will send you the link once its done.. Thanks Chris

boatanchors

Here is the new Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y4OAouTYpY&feature=youtu.be

I have a BCD996xt that I have been using for some time, I noticed if I go into the menu and scroll down to (Search For) and then scroll to ( Custom Search) just to make the description easy to follow, I programmed my low limit to 162.400 & High Limit 162.600 in and then clicked Custom Search and it just keeps searching and never stop's, I click the hold button and I can scroll thru the weather channels in the limit search and I pick up about 5 different weather stations that are very strong a few full scale on the S-meter., My Antenna is 40 foot in the air with new LMR-400, I repeated the search in the 850mhz range with a Low & High Limit and still the same results, I made sure my squelch level was set correctly and also the mode was set correctly, like FM for the weather and NfM for the 850mhz.. I made a video and posted to my youtube if you could take a look you can see the problem I am having, and Help would be greatly appreciate, I spoke with the techs at Uniden and they haven't a clue nor does there Engineer's..Any Help would be greatly appreciate, I might ad that everything I program in to memory with all the TGID all works great as it should... here is the You tube link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2lRRf27Bhg

phask

Premium Subscriber
I can not duplicate - any chance you have them locked out?

No idea if scan & store does any type LO after fiding either.

Just tried mine (a 996p2) and scr on or off it works. I'll admit, not something I've used much in years :) Though I have used on 4-5 different models and all work similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.