SE MI roof mount nmo antenna installer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Universaldecoder

Premium Subscriber
Hello Everyone,

I'm in search of an experienced company that does roof mount antenna installations hopefully in SE MI. I'd like to have one installed on my cars roof. Any recommendations?

kmh603

You might have a hard time finding an installer for your car antenna. I tried and with no luck. I went to a nearby Car Stereo Installer, and they did it. They did a very nice job. Try Mickey Shorr Car installation, I tried calling the different car stereo installers and as soon as I said police scanner install, they said no we don't do that, but when I went into the business, they all said they could it. Do a Google search for Car Stereo Installation for your area and then go to the business in person and ask what the price is for a scanner install into a car. I hope this helps?

Thanks

Universaldecoder

Premium Subscriber
Thanks kmh603. There's a Mickey Shorr by me. I'll call them this afternoon. I've installed roof mount antennas in the past on my cars, but my current one has a bunch of airbags in and around the pillars. Someone mentioned "reconstruction facial surgery" so it's made me double think the effort. Maybe if I were 30 yrs younger......

Golay

Pop a hole

Why not use whoever does radio installs for the pd/fire/businesses/whatever in your area?
Yeah, it's gonna cost ya more than a few pennies for them to do it.
What county are you in? Myself and others can tell you nearby radio shops.

I have my own Greenlee punches. What I've done twice now is take a vehicle to a body shop. Have them pull the headliner out. Pop my holes, run the feed line, mount the antennas. Then take the vehicle back and have them reinstall the headliner.

Last edited:

Universaldecoder

Premium Subscriber
Why not use whoever does radio installs for the pd/fire/businesses/whatever in your area?
Yeah, it's gonna cost ya more than a few pennies for them to do it.
What county are you in? Myself and others can tell you nearby radio shops.

I have my own Greenlee punches. What I've done twice now is take a vehicle to a body shop. Have them pull the headliner out. Pop my holes, run the feed line, mount the antennas. Then take the vehicle back and have them reinstall the headliner.
Hi Golay, I found that expert. Called Abel Electronics on the East side of Detroit, and they recommended a gent with 40yrs experience. Got in touch with him, and after I order the parts needed we will schedule a time for the install. Thanks all.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Hello Everyone,

I'm in search of an experienced company that does roof mount antenna installations hopefully in SE MI. I'd like to have one installed on my cars roof. Any recommendations?

Try sending a PM to fnnm400 (Gary). He's in Warren, MI and might be able to direct you to someone who can help. :)

KD8HBS

Hi Golay, I found that expert. Called Abel Electronics on the East side of Detroit, and they recommended a gent with 40yrs experience. Got in touch with him, and after I order the parts needed we will schedule a time for the install. Thanks all.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

How did this work out for you?
Im looking for the same type install near Detroit,MI
N8MJS

ffexpCP

wizard of odd
Database Admin
Cynergy (pontiac), priority1 emergency (canton), Winder police equipment (southgate), And i bet comsource (plymouth) would do it. I would avoid mobilecom.

Status
Not open for further replies.