Win97 and Pro-97 / Pro-2055, Not Able to View Help Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

N6QS

Regarding viewing help files in Win97 programming software:

I'm not able to view the help files associated with the programming software (Win97) that I would like to use on my Pro-97 and Pro-2055. I've followed all the instructions from the Win97 download page
(Win97 - Data Management Software for the PRO-97, PRO-2055, PSR-300, PSR-400, PRO-164, and PRO-163 Scanners) and "no joy". The software is useless without being able to view the help files. There's no way for me to properly evaluate the software and support the folks at Win97 by "registering" and sending $15. I'd love to send the money but I'm not going to be able to until I'm able to see the help files...

Does anyone have any ideas? I've emailed the guys at StarrSoft.com several times and got no response...

Thanks for taking the time to read this...

73 de Dave N6QS

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Regarding viewing help files in Win97 programming software:

I'm not able to view the help files associated with the programming software (Win97) that I would like to use on my Pro-97 and Pro-2055. I've followed all the instructions from the Win97 download page
(Win97 - Data Management Software for the PRO-97, PRO-2055, PSR-300, PSR-400, PRO-164, and PRO-163 Scanners) and "no joy". The software is useless without being able to view the help files. There's no way for me to properly evaluate the software and support the folks at Win97 by "registering" and sending $15. I'd love to send the money but I'm not going to be able to until I'm able to see the help files...

Does anyone have any ideas? I've emailed the guys at StarrSoft.com several times and got no response...

Thanks for taking the time to read this...

73 de Dave N6QS

On that page you linked to in your post..... did you see the link there that says:

If you are experiencing problems loading Win97's help file, see this page.

I followed those directions and the help file works fine for me now.

N6QS

To fxdscon

Yes, I have been to the page you referenced and followed ALL instructions regarding viewing help files and NO, I'm still not able to view Win97 help files...

Thanks for your reply de Dave N6QS

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Yes, I have been to the page you referenced and followed ALL instructions regarding viewing help files and NO, I'm still not able to view Win97 help files...

Thanks for your reply de Dave N6QS

When you right-click on the "Win97Help.chm" file in the Win97 folder and click the "General" tab, does the "Unblock" checkbox show up near the bottom of that window?

N6QS

Yes; the "Unblock" box is not checked...

I appreciate your help. As I said, the folks at Win97 aren't answering my emails...

Do you think if I were to send my $15 that I'd be able to view the help files? I'm pretty frustrated at this point. It looks like a nice product and it's what I'm looking for. I sure would like to make it work...

73 de Dave N6QS

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Yes; the "Unblock" box is not checked...

I appreciate your help. As I said, the folks at Win97 aren't answering my emails...

Do you think if I were to send my $15 that I'd be able to view the help files? I'm pretty frustrated at this point. It looks like a nice product and it's what I'm looking for. I sure would like to make it work...

73 de Dave N6QS

Click on "unblock" to put a check mark in that box and then click "OK" below that. Be certain to click on "OK" before closing the window.

That was clearly spelled out in those instructions.

Once you have unblocked that help file successfully, the message about the file being blocked, and that check box, will no longer appear when you right-click on that file.

See if that allows the help files to run.

You definitely don't need to pay the $15 registration fee to use the help file.

Last edited:

N6QS

Ok that worked. All good...

Thanks for your help! I obviously missed that on the instructions ("That was clearly spelled out in those instructions").

73 de Dave N6QS

Status
Not open for further replies.