Peterborough Fire (OPS 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary123

If you have scanner with close call it might help you too if your near enough to use it.

mciupa

If you are lucky enough to find it, please let us know so it can be included into the database.

Thanks! :)

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
I would hazard a guess that when they do radio checks they will also test OPS2, that maybe a window of opportunity..

ptboscanner

I thaught of that to but have had no luck....im wondering if they have a freq tied in with the Peterborough police system? but im having troubles with that to since new radios would have to be used???

gary123

Good point Chrome. My local service does tests every Saturday at 8AM. if you have close call you can easily sit a block from the fire hall and get all freq they are using. This also lets you do it without interfering in their normal operations.

ptboscanner

I hear the XLQ642 PTBO radio test every day and (OPS-2) is not part of that test...its only brodcasted on (154.2500) I am currently monitoring some other frequencies and will update soon!

ptboscanner

Pending confirmation on this-Jammin_jay thank you!! I did have this as one of many to monitor but (ops2) has not been requested in a while so have not been able to search all of them yet until they are tx on it.

Thank you to the Moderator as well for the TAFL link this has been a great resource!!

Last edited by a moderator:

ptboscanner

although it is listed as a backup for PFD 155.535 is also Cavan/monagan and Douro so cant see it being OPS2 due to the chance of cross traffic. (i heard Cavan/monaghan FD) i would not program it in just yet!!!

Jammin_Jay

Duoro dummer has their own repeater. But is dispatched from peterborough as is peterborough fire.
Ops2 was used during the wind storm, when peterborough had brownouts, any major incident in the north.
There is another frequency for simplex , its 150 range, cant remember exactly.
Like i said before there has to be so ething major , or 2 or 3 big events fire, happening at the same time
For you to hear it again on a continuos transmissions

It will be changing to digital soon in summer 2018. As someone has already hinted towards.

Last edited:

ptboscanner

jammin jay all emerg services including ptbo utilities public works police fire Dpt and ambulance all tie in under the Emergancy Disaster Channels. as for the PTBOFD they are happy with what they have and will not
be changing systems comming from the Chief as well as digital does not work well for inside buildings...it is a concern to the safety of the members.

Jammin_Jay

Well i have documentation that suggests otherwise.
If you want private message me, and i will send you what i found. Including one of the townships in ptbo county switching the full digital , and awaiting upgrade to peterborough fire service dispatch in mid 2018.
As for ops 2, no i didnot say that all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.