BCD996P2 error w/ARC-XT Pro w/RR subscription

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrlinden

Premium Subscriber
I have a Uniden BCD996P2 which is upgraded to the 1.07.09 version. I am also using the ARC-XT Pro software to program with a current subscription to Radio Reference.
I've watched many videos and read numerous articles on programming and they are all confusing.
My first issue is that I get the following message from the programming software.

ERROR CREATING NEW SITE, NO RESOURCES AVAILABLE

Any ideas? The info was taken from the Radio Reference site and was "imported" using their import button. When I sent to the scanner this is the error I get. Any ideas?
Second issue is quick keys. Once programmed in on some sites I get the ability to pick a quick key and on others there is no option available.

Attachments

• ARC-XT Error.jpg
    ARC-XT Error.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 149

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Another way this can happen is not doing a replace and instead doing an add each time you make changes. I don't know about ARC-XT, but there should be a way to do this. Also keep in mind that there are several pre-defined systems in the radio that are likely no good anymore due to changes that have happened since the radio was released. They were originally there for demo purposes, but they do take up memory. Completely wiping the radio will remove the systems from the user memory and open things up for you (they are stored, as I understand it, in a memory location you can't access - consider what you see in the scanner a copy).

Mike

marksmith

Overall memory is substantial in this radio and generally not the cause for running out of memory.

The limitation of 500 items per system is the issue. Total frequencies, talkgroups, and radio ID records cannot exceed 500.

For many large systems and about all statewide systems this limitation happens even if you have 99% of radio memory still available.

Mark
536/436/ws1095/996p2/996xt/325p2/396xt/psr800/396t/HP-1/HP-2 & others

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
You are, I think, thinking about a properly cleaned out radio. Out of the box, there are some 25 SQKs taken up with various trunks, set up as demos. Some of these systems are quite large and have to take up a chunk of memory. They're laid out here...

Easier to Read BCD996P2/XT Digital Scanner Manual

It's always a good idea to start from a clean slate, especially when programming these radios for the first time

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.