AWIN Site Frequencies have changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kibler

Feed Provider
The Fort Smith Simulcast site in the AWIN System has changed and needs to be updated, but am having some difficulty determining the proper Control Channels!

I did determine the new Primary Frequency by the process of sound and elimination of numbers, with the help of collecting data by ProScan!

Now, I am trying to determine the Alternate Frequencies and am having some difficulty? If anyone has a good method of finding this information please advise! Maybe there is a 'how-to' in the forum that would be of help, but I have not found it yet!

As I look at the Data Base for AWIN, I can see someone put in a lot of work getting all this information when this System was first put together! Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
Many use Pro96Com and/or Unitrunker to gather all the information needed for the database. The system provides all the necessary information in the control channel data, so running either program briefly should get you most of the information you are looking for.

kibler

Feed Provider
Spitfire8520.................Thanks for the reply! I will give this a shot and see what I come up with! Thanks

Note: I guess I don't fully understand how the System works! Like:, who? what? and when? does the Primary channel have access and when does the Alternate Control channels start working? I need to do some more reading!

Last edited:

kibler

Feed Provider
Hi Spitfire8520......Looks like the Pro96Com and Unitrunker are not compatible with the Uniden BCD536HP scanners? Bummers! Thanks for suggestions!

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
Note: I guess I don't fully understand how the System works! Like:, who? what? and when? does the Primary channel have access and when does the Alternate Control channels start working? I need to do some more reading!

It's usually automatically managed by the system. For Motorola systems, like AWIN, the alternate control channels are usually only used if there is an issue with the primary control channel like some type of equipment failure. For Harris system, all channels are alternate control channels and they can rotate at anytime.

Hi Spitfire8520......Looks like the Pro96Com and Unitrunker are not compatible with the Uniden BCD536HP scanners? Bummers! Thanks for suggestions!

That is really unfortunate. I think the BCD536HP has some type of analyze feature built in, but I don't know the details of how it works. You might just have to make a submission saying that the frequencies for the site have changed and give just the primary control channel. It is not ideal, but it will at least help others.

I have seen many posts about issues and changes with the Fort Smith Simulcast this past month, and it looks like like no one has submitted any updated information for it. That is pretty disappointing since it affects so many, and because it is super easy to find the important site information with the tools shared in my previous reply. The control channel literally dumps a bunch of information into the air for anyone to receive.

kibler

Feed Provider
Spitfire8520.......I googled about the Control Channels you were talking about and that is same information that I found about how they are used! Thanks

So far I only have one Primary frequency to turn in for this Site! I have about Six new normal frequencies like the ones the Data Base shows that are colored with black ink for each Site!

Going to work on this a little more tomorrow! Thank for your help and information!

Status
Not open for further replies.