CNY/Syracuse DOT HELP truck freqs

Status
Not open for further replies.

harttony1

Premium Subscriber
Now that there are two CNY/Syracuse DOT HELP trucks running the highways, does anyone know frequencies or systems they are operating on?

Thanks in advance for your help.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
I would check the privately owned trunked systems for any activity. Here in the Hudson Valley area they are on OneVoice's Trbo system

AuntEnvy

Premium Subscriber
They're "sponsored" by State Farm insurance but I believe run by NYSDOT employees...? So I don't know if they would still be considered private. They should be on the Thruway frequencies.

The DOT is not technically part of the CNYICC system but they may have access to it. In my area they have one portable assigned to them on the trunked system so they can talk with the county and/or state police for highway emergencies.

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber

spdfile1

/\/\ Junkie
They're "sponsored" by State Farm insurance but I believe run by NYSDOT employees...? So I don't know if they would still be considered private. They should be on the Thruway frequencies.

The DOT is not technically part of the CNYICC system but they may have access to it. In my area they have one portable assigned to them on the trunked system so they can talk with the county and/or state police for highway emergencies.

Yeah I would think if they run on the thruway than definitely the thruway frequencies which last I Knew were 453.525 in the Syracuse area and 453.425 in other areas. I'd put em both in. If they also run I-81, I-690 & I-695 then I'm not sure.

D

DaveNF2G

HELP trucks are not typically used on the Thruway. They run the Interstates that connect to the Thruway, and are normally dispatched on either DOT frequencies or a major local trunked system that covers the highways.

spdfile1

/\/\ Junkie
Dave,
Is NYSDOT still down on 42 MHz?

HELP trucks are not typically used on the Thruway. They run the Interstates that connect to the Thruway, and are normally dispatched on either DOT frequencies or a major local trunked system that covers the highways.

MFR230

I hear the help trucks being called on Troop F Sp freqs. The ones that patrol I 84 and environs. Any picture i ever see of them most have a roof full of antennas. Pick something its there. Most have commercial Plates since i gather there owned by State Farm. Attached is two links from that might help. NYSDOT https://www.dot.ny.gov/helpprogram https://www.dot.ny.gov/programs/repository/NYSDOT_SF_Brochure_2013_Web_1.pdf

SP Middletown dispatches the I 84 and Rt 17 Help Trucks on the OneVoice Network

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

DaveNF2G

Dave,
Is NYSDOT still down on 42 MHz?

47 MHz, but there are a few 453s for close-in stuff.

The HELP trucks near Albany were on the Colonie trunked system, which has been merged into the Albany County trunked system.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
how do i find out what frequencies go with which talkgroup on https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=7363

They are on OneVoices MotoTrbo Connect Plus Trunked system. You'll have to figure out which tower you are the closest too and program those frequencies into whatever you're using to monitor DMR. Also whatever site you're monitoring, there will need to be a radio on that talkgroup affiliated to that site in order to hear any traffic on that group.

Last edited:

MegaHertz315

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like they may be on talkgroup 140 of Bush Electronics NXDN Network. AAA is on TG 96

TG 140: Dispatcher heard sending the responding unit to assist a DV on the shoulder of the road; unit stood by on scene.

Also heard the dispatcher send the unit to 481 for an accident. Once unit arrived, he stated that he is... "going to standby for traffic safety." SP and Tow already on the scene." Dispatcher time stamps everything as well.

Also heard unit standing by on side of road as a motorist was adding coolant or washer fluid to car; was standing by till motorist was cleared.

Last edited:

Com-Tech51H8

bureaucratic absence of presence.
Premium Subscriber
So a Tidbit of info on the Help Trucks the operators are NYSDOT Contractors based out of Westchester County, Yes the HelpTrucks are sponsored by State Farm But Are NYSDOT program. Dave you are Correct typically Help Trucks dont operate on the thruway. There is one that is assigned to the T-way that runs between exit 23 and exit 24 and Freebee I90 between Exit 2and Exit 2 on I787

k2hz

Database Admin
Sounds like they may be on talkgroup 140 of Bush Electronics NXDN Network. AAA is on TG 96

This is similar to the situation in Rochester where they have operated for many years on Rochester Radio LTR TG1-07-008. AFAIK both Bush and Rochester Radio are the service contractors for the NYSDOT radio system in their areas.

The Rochester units are dispatched by RTOC which a joint NYSDOT/Monroe County DOT dispatch facility co-located with the NYSP Zone Station. I understand NYSDOT has a similar facility (TMC) in Syracuse.

RTOC works with 911 to coordinate dispatch of any highway related incidents.

Com-Tech51H8

bureaucratic absence of presence.
Premium Subscriber
This is similar to the situation in Rochester where they have operated for many years on Rochester Radio LTR TG1-07-008. AFAIK both Bush and Rochester Radio are the service contractors for the NYSDOT radio system in their areas.

The Rochester units are dispatched by RTOC which a joint NYSDOT/Monroe County DOT dispatch facility co-located with the NYSP Zone Station. I understand NYSDOT has a similar facility (TMC) in Syracuse.

RTOC works with 911 to coordinate dispatch of any highway related incidents.

The TMC for region 2 -syracuse area is out of one of the DOT maintenance shop.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.