Gaston County EMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

joncleve

Premium Subscriber
Recently I have noticed that the Gaston EMS units are not using the state channel 155.340 any longer for hospital communications. I know they have VIPER also and was told they are using it instead. I have monitored the VIPER medial network for days and still cannot find them, even using a wildcard programmed in to my 1080. Any help is appreciated.

JRush311

Premium Subscriber
these?

52405 ccb5 D Gaston Med Gaston Family Health Gastonia VMI1 Hospital
52534 cd36 D Gaston Hosp Gaston Memorial Hosp Gastonia VMA8 Hospita

or these?
Gaston County Talkgroups

DEC HEX Mode Alpha Tag Description Tag
18500 4844 D GASTONEM Gaston County Emergency Management Multi-Talk
18501 4845 D GASTONEMS Gaston County EMS EMS Dispatch
18502 4846 D GASTONFIRE Gaston County Fire Fire Dispatch
18503 4847 D GASTONMAID Gaston County Mutual Aid Interop
18504 4848 D Mt Holly PD Mount Holly Police Dispatch Law Dispatch

joncleve

Premium Subscriber
Yes I have those, but they are not using those talk groups day to day. I did find out that they are still using the VHF analog channel, programming error on my part. I have a few more resources to check out that might help me find the VIPER TG they are using.

Thanks

yardbird

To add to this.

I heard from several Gaston County Fire Departments

There is a push for all fire departments to join the Char/Meck UASI system.

I figure Ems and County Police and Sheriff will switch over as well.

I know that Mt Holly and Belmont Fire already have 800 Mhz. portables.

I talked to a Mt. Holly Fire Officer the last time he came in to my work station.

He said they already had the capability to talk with Gastonia Fire and Police.

I hope they do, because that VHF system they currently have doesn't work to good.

It has a lot of static and hard to monitor and low modulation.

The county Ems & Rescue dispatch system is ten times better that the fire dispatch.

Just passing along information

Just for informational purposes.

David

Last edited:

joncleve

Premium Subscriber
That's great information, thank you. I remember talking with a Gaston county radio tech about three years ago in reference to the county police radio system, and even then he was speculating that they would probably be going to Viper. So I assumed they along with EMS would switch sooner than later but nothing has happened. The Charlotte system only has two Gaston sites, Gastonia and Cherryville, so county wide coverage would probably be an issue.

newsnick175

Premium Subscriber
On the subject of Gaston County, The Viper system has several TG for Gaston that are unused but there is a TG I’ve been monitoring: 18990. The dispatcher’s UID is 710311 and the field units are 710xxx. Any body have an ID? And yes this TG is not in the DB

joncleve

Premium Subscriber
Newsnick175, thank you. I will get that TG in my scanner and see if I can figure out who it is.

joncleve

Premium Subscriber
I have yet to hear anything on TG 18990. Maybe it is not used often or I am listening during inactive periods. Anyway an update on Gaston EMS (GEMS) use of Viper. I did find that they are definitely using TG 52534 (VMA8) for unit to hospital communications. Although it is not used much. They use the state rescue frequency, 155.280 analog most of the time. Again, I must have been listening before at inactive times. I finally heard them yesterday, three units within 3 to 4 hours. I monitor the Viper medical network daily, at least for the hospitals in my area, and again I hear some activity but not much.

yardbird

FYI

Gaston County Ems is on:

155.235 Mhz.

They also dispatch Dallas and Stanley Rescue Squads across this frequency as well.

They also share this frequency with Davidson County Ems & Rescue

David

kicktd

Seems all hospital communications are on VIPER now at least here in Cleveland county. One thing to remember with the VIPER system is that depending on what tower you are monitoring and who is affiliated with that tower determines what you will here. I can tune in to Boiling Springs tower for VIPER and hear nothing all day, tune in to Shelby's tower and hear the troopers out of Shelby, sometimes Gaston county based troopers as well as CRMC hospital traffic, but will not hear any Kings Mountain hospital traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.