• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Took the plunge

Status
Not open for further replies.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
Well I took the plunge and ordered from Ray should have my G4 next week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
Congrats on the purchase. I purchased two of my own units (G4 & G5) and completely abandoned my scanner equipment. You'll be amazed with their performance!

6Paul21

Premium Subscriber
Best present you could have gotten yourself for Christmas and you purchased from the best dealer.
Enjoy Ed

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
He's supposed to be getting more in on Monday so it should ship then, i got his deal with the desktop charger im pretty excited, will get to test it out on LWIN in Bossier City, LA over the holidays

troymail

Silent Key
He's supposed to be getting more in on Monday so it should ship then, i got his deal with the desktop charger im pretty excited, will get to test it out on LWIN in Bossier City, LA over the holidays

Man - I'm going to miss New Orleans this year for New Years! :mad:

FYI - there was some discussion in the threads this week about changes in the sites and frequencies for LWIN -- the Pam Am tower downtown apparently has a new CC frequency that isn't listed for that site at all. Some may have things figured out - just don't know if any of the changes have been submitted...(last update appears to be last month).

https://forums.radioreference.com/louisiana-radio-discussion-forum/362962-pan-am-n-o-site-cc.html

The Unications have several "gotchas" so hopefully you'll have time to get some of them under your belt before dealing with (possibly unlisted) changes in LA.

Last edited:

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
Congrats on the purchase. I purchased two of my own units (G4 & G5) and completely abandoned my scanner equipment. You'll be amazed with their performance!

Which site in Missouri was giving you simulcast issues that you'd need to get the G4/G5? I've monitored almost every site in the state of Missouri and even my old 396XT had not a hiccup.

mswells

WB6JLB
Feed Provider
Ordered and received my G4 last week from Rays. It was the last one before he had another shipment coming. Its been working great here in Phoenix !! I may end up putting it up on my Phoenix Police feed eventually....just not sure if I want to tie it up on the 24/7 feed, unless I get another one eventually.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
Ordered and received my G4 last week from Rays. It was the last one before he had another shipment coming. Its been working great here in Phoenix !! I may end up putting it up on my Phoenix Police feed eventually....just not sure if I want to tie it up on the 24/7 feed, unless I get another one eventually.

He said he was getting some on Monday so hopefully that will work out, im off for 11 days and it would be fun to play with.

been messing with the software and it seems pretty straight forward

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Where i work tasked me with picking up a few of those for evaluation (even though i own 2 - G4 units) and i got them from Rays as well. Quick to ship. Will go thru him when phase 2 becomes available.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
the Radio Arrived this morning, i am completely impressed, thanks Troy for the help

Last edited:

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
the Radio Arrived this morning, i am completely impressed, thanks Troy for the help

c2c138f2bf6803b733a673ff520cabe1.jpg

rvacs

Premium Subscriber
I love my G4 - so much better than the TRX-1 or the BCD536HP that had all sorts of drops on a Simulcast P25 system. The reception and clarity is phenominal. Wish it had a hold button but other than that its awesome !!

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
Another photo with the charger I got free, pretty nice

Attachments

• unication.jpg
    unication.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 397
Last edited:

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
After a few weeks of use i am impressed, i will most likely get the Phase 2 upgrade, the radio has done extremely well, but the real deal came in the simulcast hell of Nashville, my 536 missed 8 out of 10 transmissions, the unication with its tiny antenna even had 10-15 miles more range on the system than the 536 with an external antenna

attached is some sample audio from Nashville in case anyone was curious who doesn't have one

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xwtr8t3e953n3si/Nashville.zip?dl=0

TwoWayTim

After a few weeks of use i am impressed, i will most likely get the Phase 2 upgrade, the radio has done extremely well, but the real deal came in the simulcast hell of Nashville, my 536 missed 8 out of 10 transmissions, the unication with its tiny antenna even had 10-15 miles more range on the system than the 536 with an external antenna

attached is some sample audio from Nashville in case anyone was curious who doesn't have one

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xwtr8t3e953n3si/Nashville.zip?dl=0

Sounds good. Looks like you have been playing with the backup software.

Status
Not open for further replies.