Need help mounting scanners to a shelf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny37

So I have the mounting brackets for both of my scanners: a uniden bcd536hp and RadioShack pro-163. In almist of moving I seemed to have lost the mounting screws needed to screw the scanners in. Eyeing the holes on both the pro-163 and bcd536hp I'm guessing the holes are either 4mm, 5mm or 6mm. Can anyone confirm this for me? I'm thinking about buying bolts instead or regular Philips head screws.

Thanks in advance.

bob550

Premium Subscriber
I wouldn't agonize over getting the exact size screw. Just take the bracket to your local hardware store and make sure the screw fits the slots before purchase. Buy some small washers to improve stability of the mount. Don't forget to measure the thickness of your shelf and limit the length of the screw so it doesn't stick through.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
If the screw is going into a threaded hole in the scanner, getting the right size, thread pitch, and length are all important.

N9JIG

Sheriff
The Uniden, GRE, RS, and Whistler scanners all seem to use the same M5 side screws.

ClipsAndFasteners.com - Automotive Retainers,Clips and Fasteners M5x14mm screws fit these perfectly.

I uses M5 14MM SEMS screws for my radios, these do not have the plastic knobs on them but they have combination hex and Phillips heads for easy tool selection. I also got some 20MM screws for some Moto radios with somewhat thinner profiles.

You know those 4-in-one multi-bladed screw drivers you get at Home Depot or Harbor Freight? Take out the tips and the hex end fits these SEMS screws, easier to use than the plastic ended ones.

Danny37

The Uniden, GRE, RS, and Whistler scanners all seem to use the same M5 side screws.

ClipsAndFasteners.com - Automotive Retainers,Clips and Fasteners M5x14mm screws fit these perfectly.

I uses M5 14MM SEMS screws for my radios, these do not have the plastic knobs on them but they have combination hex and Phillips heads for easy tool selection. I also got some 20MM screws for some Moto radios with somewhat thinner profiles.

You know those 4-in-one multi-bladed screw drivers you get at Home Depot or Harbor Freight? Take out the tips and the hex end fits these SEMS screws, easier to use than the plastic ended ones.

Thank you so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.