• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

My Ideal MURS Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

JASII

Memory Capacity
I know that this is something of a pipe dream, but I would love to see a radio, made for MURS, that is reasonably priced, commercial grade quality (like Motorola), and has built in Bluetooth connectivity. In fact, would texting over Bluetooth be allowed?

If Garmin could make a RINO 750, with MURS instead of FRS/GMRS, that would be a sweet legal, license free radio. I know that it wouldn't be Motorola quality AND it wouldn't be cheap, but I think there would be some buyers for it!

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Ritron PT-150M is pretty close, but doesn't have built in Bluetooth. Commercial Grade Two Way Radios | Handheld 2 Way | Ritron Walkie Talkie
You can add external Bluetooth adapters, though. https://www.pryme.com/index.php?l=product_list&c=166

My brother in law is running a bunch of the Ritron PT-150M's for his tower crews, and they are pretty good radios. I was pretty impressed with them.

As for the Garmin Rino…
I agree, that would be a nice option. Garmin does use MURS for their dog tracking systems, which allow for GPS data from the collar and signaling back to the collar from the radio. Not voice, but they've got the radio part...

n1das

I know that this is something of a pipe dream, but I would love to see a radio, made for MURS, that is reasonably priced, commercial grade quality (like Motorola), and has built in Bluetooth connectivity.

https://www.motorolasolutions.com/e...n-site-business-radios/rm-series/rmm2050.html

Other than not having BT capability, why not a Motorola RMM2050 MURS radio?

I see RMM2050 radios in use in Walmart* stores everywhere. I suspect Walmart* is Motorola's biggest customer for the RMM2050. It will be well supported by Motorola for a long time.

If I were in the market for some squeaky clean and legal MURS radios, I would grab some RMM2050 radios.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

KB7MIB

I would want front panel programming of all 50 CTCSS tones and all 104 DCS codes. Maybe even a 16 key DTMF pad with SelCall capability.

I'd love to see a mobile version that included a second VHF-only (108-174 MHz maximum) scanning receiver section that had the full digital and trunk tracking capabilities of any of the top of the line Whistler or Uniden scanners. I'd use that scanner to monitor the interoperability frequencies, specific air band frequencies, the Arizona DEMA VHF repeaters, the CAP, the Arizona Dept. of Forestry & Fire Prevention, the BLM Phoenix district and Tonto NF, NIFC/NIRSC, the marine and railroad bands, as well as the itinerant and low power business frequencies, freeing up space in the main scanner(s) for the main agencies of interest.

Similarly, a GMRS mobile with a seperate UHF-only (380-512 MHz maximum) full digital and trunk tracking scanning receiver would be cool, too. I'd program the Luke AFB 380 MHz trunked system, FEMA/NDMS/MERS, the interoperability frequencies, EMSCOM, and the itinerant and low power business frequencies.

(Uniden has manufactured at least two models of UHF CB radios for the Australian market that included a seperate analog conventional UHF-only scanner, so the concept already exists.)

John
Peoria, AZ

Status
Not open for further replies.