LFR Moving to MetCom 12/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthMetroFirePIO

Feed Provider
LFR Moving to MetCom 12/18/17

For those interested in monitoring, Littleton Fire Rescue will join MetCom starting Monday 12/18/17 between 07:00 and 08:00.

All of the Littleton Fire Rescue talk groups including dispatch (TG 1851) will still be used for incidents in LFR's jurisdiction until further notice. LFR units will begin calling "MetCom" on the air rather than "Control."

At a later date renaming of talk groups between South Metro, Cunningham and Littleton is anticipated.

Last edited:

Steve2003

Ditto, looking forward to having a proactive PIO here in Littleton! Really enjoy the unscripted episodes you guys have been creating, keep up the good work!

Also, are the LFR calls going to be on PulsePoint?

SouthMetroFirePIO

Feed Provider
Ditto, looking forward to having a proactive PIO here in Littleton! Really enjoy the unscripted episodes you guys have been creating, keep up the good work!

Also, are the LFR calls going to be on PulsePoint?

Thank you! LFR is evaluating adding PulsePoint but it didn't automatically happen when the comm center change took place today. WestNet Automatic Voice Dispatch (AVD) will be added in the next week or two for LFR, most likely on Ops 10, keeping their original dispatch talk group open for normal traffic.

Cohamwx

I guess this explains why I saw Littleton Fire (the only FD on scene) at a Vehicle collation at Wadsworth and Coal Mine last night. I thought that intersection was West Metro FD Jurisdiction, could have mutual aided though.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
I guess this explains why I saw Littleton Fire (the only FD on scene) at a Vehicle collation at Wadsworth and Coal Mine last night. I thought that intersection was West Metro FD Jurisdiction, could have mutual aided though.

Wadsworth marks the border between West Metro and Littleton. Technically only 1/4th of the west side of the intersection is in West Metro's district. Both departments responded to that particular accident and operated on their own talkgroups. Littleton arrived first and determined it was on the east side in their district. West Metro continued in and was released within a minute.

West Metro typically does not like calling for aid unless it is really needed. Dispatch changes has no real influence on that.

Cohamwx

Wadsworth marks the border between West Metro and Littleton. Technically only 1/4th of the west side of the intersection is in West Metro's district. Both departments responded to that particular accident and operated on their own talkgroups. Littleton arrived first and determined it was on the east side in their district. West Metro continued in and was released within a minute.

West Metro typically does not like calling for aid unless it is really needed. Dispatch changes has no real influence on that.

I just saw it on my way somewhere and I thought the whole Littleton Fire Department was changing and the dispatch change was just the first phase. Thank you for the clarification.

MikeyB

I just saw it on my way somewhere and I thought the whole Littleton Fire Department was changing and the dispatch change was just the first phase. Thank you for the clarification.

The Littleton Fire Protection District (which is what covers south Jeffco) is changing to join South Metro, not West Metro.

Status
Not open for further replies.